My local CBS will no longer be on Dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Go to the stations website and take a look at its facilities. The place looks like a dump. I'm sure Dish has been over paying them.

According to Dish, KRCG wants to be the highest paid local station in the country.:eek: Barrington Broadcasting, the owner of KRCG, is using KRCG to get leverage for their other 20 stations. I guess a few advertisers have pulled their ads from KRCG. This is nuts!

I don't have a preamp, but I do have an indoor amp.

Signal Strengths:
KRCG(70-75)
KMIZ(70-80)
KOMU(95-100)
KMOS(65-75)

All but KOMU cut out every once in a while. Would a preamp make that much difference?

It's always amazed me that these stations demand payment for carriage by SAT's cable, etc. It seems to me that such carriage only serves to expand the stations viewership thereby allowing them to charge advertisers more. Logically, it seems that it is the carriers that should be charging the station for expanding their viewership.

How did this get so backwards?

On the new video loop that PhilAce mentioned Eric Sahl says "We've been reading your emails and blog posts."

I'm wondering what the mean by blog posts. I actually assume they mean here on SatGuys (and thus this thread). Which just shows that DISH does read the forum.

Or is there another "blog post" that discusses Dish (besides Scott's multichannel.com postings)?

I don't have a preamp, but I do have an indoor amp.

Signal Strengths:
KRCG(70-75)
KMIZ(70-80)
KOMU(95-100)
KMOS(65-75)

All but KOMU cut out every once in a while. Would a preamp make that much difference?

We do OTA installs (among other things) out in Montgomery City area, and have had great success with Winegard AP8275 preamp. Yes, it makes a difference, at least out in this area.

Depending on where you live in Columbia, you may be suffering from multipath as well. If so, a preamp will not help.

Al

A local affiliate owned by a new corporation located in a separate state. They've done some stupid stuff to the station in an effort to make it more profitable. All it really has done is alienated the viewer base.

Yet another reason to hate big media! I don't think that a single AM or FM station in our area is owned by anyone in the state! Same goes for at least a couple of our network tv stations....

This might interest other people as well... Here is the first video that Eric Sahl produced on the situation. It has since been updated with replies to people who have complained and removed the name of the sportscaster that is featured on the bottom crawl.

YouTube - Dish Network vs. KRCG

[YOUTUBE]KmoM02HkSso[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts