My new bill help?

Robdoggz

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Nov 6, 2004
Stockton, Ca
Ok i got my firt bill since getting the new vip211 im confused how come it comes out to $150+ AFTER they took off the $49 i paid for the vip 211 they get me very confused does anyone know what the heck this is? I am setup for dish latino plantinum HD with locals and supersation pack. I also am NOT able to recieve both HGTV HD and NFLHD they are both in red? P.S does this seem the normal price $150+ for the hd plantinum plus locals and superstation plus other listed items i was hoping to pay no more than $120 a month i might have to cancel some crap :(

New Monthly Charge(s) 06/25 to 07/24
LEASED RECEIVER FEE $6.0
DHA DISHLATINO HD PLATINUM W/ LOCALS $104.99
SUPERSTATION PACKAGE KWGN $5.99
DISH HOME PROTECTION $5.99
ADDITIONAL RECEIVER PARTIAL MONTH(S) 05/19-06/24 $-6.0
DIGITAL HOME ADVANTAGE - PARTIAL MONTH(S) 05/19-06/24 $-59.98
ADDL RECEIVER ACCESS FEE PARTIAL MONTH(S) 05/19-06/24 $7.2
DHA DISHLATINO HD PARTIAL MONTH(S) 05/19-06/24 $125.98
EQUIPMENT HANDLING FEE $49.0
DISH TWO MOVIE PACKAGE PARTIAL MONTH(S) 05/19-06/24 $-27.58
DISH NETWORK HD PACKAGE PARTIAL MONTH(S) 05/19-06/24 $-11.98
DHA DISHLATINO HD PARTIAL MONTH(S) 05/19-06/24 $-119.98
DHA DISHLATINO HD PARTIAL MONTH(S) 05/19-06/24 $119.98
Account Charges $ 199.61
Total $ 199.61
Taxes
STATE/LOCAL TAX (SALES/GROSS RECEIPTS) $3.83
Total Taxes $ 3.83
Total Amount Due
$ 154.44 :eek: :eek:

Last edited:
Ok i just got off the phone with a very kind lady at dish she tried everything to get those 2 channels to work for me but they didnt. She then went to check on several 211's she said they have in the office and none can recieve HGTV HD nor NFL HD?? She said she would pass the info to engineering i hope they fix it i just wonder if people are still getting those channels? I am just glad i got to speak to such a helpful lady i guess dish call center roulette is true lol :D

It looks to me like your normal bill should be about $123 plus taxes each month. Most of what you listed are partial-month and 1-time fees that won't repeat once you clear this current bill. Remember that E* bills everything in advance so when you upgrade you usually end up with partial fees for the upgraded programming in the current month plus the full fees for the next month, minus the refunds for the "unearned" fees for the services you cancelled. In your case it looks like your month used to be the 19th through the 18th but now it is reset to the 25th through the 24th...

Last edited:
Yeah I think your 1st bill is useally the highest due to its like your paying for two months in advance or like a month behind or something. Should go down some on your next one.. As far as the 211 Im not sure Im on a 411 and have no issues getting any of the channels..

Last edited:
"She then went to check on several 211's she said they have in the office and none can recieve HGTV HD nor NFL HD??"

I was on the phone for over an hour on Monday trying to get the HGTV HD and NFL HD activated in my 211 with no luck. The CSR tried several times to resend the authorization hit and both channels were still red in the guide. She then said to wait half an hour and if the channels were still in red to schedule a swap for the 211 (yeah right). Channels are still in red but I'm not swapping my 211, it's been pretty good and I don't want to take a chance with another one.

I know the problem is with Engineering so I will just wait until they fix it. BTW, I have the DishLatino HD Gold package

jmd102354 said:
No problem with my 211. I receive both channels.

It's affecting some 211s with the HD Latino packages. It's an engineering problem with authorization. When they first switched to the new HD packages, I couldn't get the Sporst Alternate channels in my 211 either. A couple of weeks of calling and pushing them fixed the problem.

Yea it seems to be a problem with the dish latino customers i wouldnt have the latino stuff if it werent for my mom but i have to keep her happy lol :luvlove:

Robdoggz,

It appears that we're not supposed to get the new channels. The Latino HD packages are not longer available and we will need to switch to the HD Metallic packages. It was announced at Dish Team Summit but first reported by Slamminc11 in this thread:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=68298&page=2

Since this is something new, the Tech. support person I spoke to kept trying to re-authorize my box but the fact is that we're not supposed to get any more new HD channels. If you ask me, E* is just trying to get more money anyway they can.

That just BULL $HIT!!! So now am i going to loose my national geo HD and i wont ever get my nfl HD or HGTV HD?? This blows i have/had latino HD plantinum. Soo i may have to get the regular hd plantinum $99.99+ 12.49 for latino then all the other $hit charges crap.:mad:

Robdoggz said:
That just BULL $HIT!!! So now am i going to loose my national geo HD and i wont ever get my nfl HD or HGTV HD?? This blows i have/had latino HD plantinum. Soo i may have to get the regular hd plantinum $99.99+ 12.49 for latino then all the other $hit charges crap.:mad:

That's exactly how I feel. I'm just about to drop the HD piece of s$$t package. Don't really care anymore about it, it's more head aches than anything else.

Argh i just got a phone call from dish after sending an email to the above listed email. They told me that the dish hd latino packs are gone. I can keep it but i wont recieve any of the new hd stuff thats now out. If i want any future hd channels i must change to the regular hd packs. I just got pro rated for my change last month my bill is $150 now i have to wait till the 25th for my cycle to turn and change package again and get prorated again this F-in blows. I have no choice i need to change from my $99 a month pack to the other $99 a month pack and now need to pay $12.49 for the latino channels for my parents i guess i will gain a good amount of english channels from the change but i am still very pissed. Oh and he said i might loose the national geo hd channel if i dont change. :mad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts