My new Golf Club head covers

The ONLY time I ever hit my driver farther than 250 yards was when I played in Boulder, Colorado where the air is thin and balls explode out of the tee box.

But I can honestly say, I have shot 1 round under 80(shot a 79 in a VERY easy, wide-open course with no water...so that score is sort of skewed....BUT I'LL TAKE IT!!! LOL!;)) and my game is constantly in the mid to upper 80s.

I can live with that over distance any day!:D

I would take that too. I consider a good round to be double digits instead of in the 100's. :)

I would take that too. I consider a good round to be double digits instead of in the 100's. :)

Well, the advantage I have over most is that I have the weather to play year round and improve my game.:D

At one point, when we had no kids and I worked 3rd shift....my handicap was in the single digits at 9. During the summer here, it's very hot and not many people play. So, prices on these course are scary low. I use to play at Golf Club of Miami where during the winter months...a round is $60 and does not include a cart for Dade county residents. During the summer, that same round is $25 with a bucket of balls for the range, a lunch of a sandwich, soda and chips AND the cart!

I use to, pre-children, play about 3-5 rounds a week during those summer months.

Well, the advantage I have over most is that I have the weather to play year round and improve my game.:D

At one point, when we had no kids and I worked 3rd shift....my handicap was in the single digits at 9. During the summer here, it's very hot and not many people play. So, prices on these course are scary low. I use to play at Golf Club of Miami where during the winter months...a round is $60 and does not include a cart for Dade county residents. During the summer, that same round is $25 with a bucket of balls for the range, a lunch of a sandwich, soda and chips AND the cart!

I use to, pre-children, play about 3-5 rounds a week during those summer months.

:eek: It's settled. I think the first annual Satellite Guys golf outing will be held in Miami! :D

:eek: It's settled. I think the first annual Satellite Guys golf outing will be held in Miami! :D

First annual ?
Better talk to Scott, he may have already had the 1st .... I don't know, but the sites been here for quite awhile.

Speaking of Annual Can it be Annual if theres no guarantee of a second ? :D

I once had the 1st annual party at my new home when I first moved in and haven't had time to have another one since ..... So in reality it wasn't a annual . :D

Yeah...unlike most parts of the country....we have high season=$$$$(winter and the gouging of the "snow birds" that come down) and low season=the only time locals can enjoy the good courses).

I mean during the high season, the "Blue Monster" is around $250-$350 a round. During the summer, weekdays AFTER 1:00pm...you can play the Monster for $65.

No slice...or hook...just can't seem to generate ANY distance on my woods. I get GREAT distance on my 4-pw and sw...but NOTHING out of my woods and my 3-iron.

I have played many times where I would barely pull out the driver.

Salsa, which how your ball flies off your driver. Is it ballooning? Try A different type of ball, the way the ball spins off your driver may be what's killing your distance.

I played yesterday and on the 9th hole I hit my drive and killed it. This is a par 5 469yards and I was less than 50 yards from the hole. Also the hole is up hill all the way to the green. I still have not figured out how I hit it that far. I usually hit about 275 on average.

This is a no-brainer. You finished on a different hole than you started on. Fix that slice!:D Maybe you noticed your golf partner waving at you, perhaps even yelling to you?

Another explanation would be you played somebody else's ball on the second shot. Remember many balls look alike, that's why you mark them.:D

For the record, I average about 275 with my driver also. I hit about 4-5 over 300 per round, and some of them even land in the fairway.:D A lot of days I'm the longest guy in the woods, ponds, and other unspecified hazzards, etc....:eek:

Salsa, which how your ball flies off your driver. Is it ballooning? Try A different type of ball, the way the ball spins off your driver may be what's killing your distance.

distance...plain and simple. I keep it low when I am against the wind....and tee it up high when I have heavy wind behind me....STILL cannot get more than 250+ yards....:(

It's called "old age" Grandpa. Strength and hair lines start to deteriorate over time. It's a fact of life. ;)

NO...I have been hitting the same distances since I started playing golf in my mid twenties....somewhere between 230 and 250...and a once in a blue moon, lucky bounce-of-the-cartpath 250+.

OLD man my a$$ whippersnapper!! :rolleyes::p;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts