My New Ipad3 is in the house!

TheForce

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2003
Jacksonville, FL, Earth
Went to Verizon Store at 8AM and the store was closed, opens at 9. Then my sales rep came out and invited me in. The reason he asked me to be there an hour early is because he used my sale as a training class for the other sales reps. At about 8:30 people were beginning to line up outside. By 8:45, my ipad3 was activated and I was out the door.

Interesting that they got mostly ipad3's with 16Gb and all Verizon radios. They got 1 white and 3 Black 64 Gb in stock. ipad3.jpg

Now, I have all day to play! :)

I wish I had all day today to play with mine! ;)

It will probably take all day. I have to do a new backup of my ipad1. install that on the ipad3. Disable my wife's ipad1 and make it back to factory. Then transfer her content to my old ipad1 which she will now use.

I just downloaded new version of itunes as the first step.

I guess the benefit of my iPad not showing up until almost 3 o'clock that I was able to get a little bit of work done today. :). The restore from backup was pretty easy it's still installing apps but I was really impressed by how quick this was. It helps that I was working off of a MacBook air so I have that superfast hard drive. And I absolutely love the Siri voice dictation.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

I don't think it's Siri. The iPad doesn't have Siri as I understand. Just Dictation. ;)

Ilya said:
I don't think it's Siri. The iPad doesn't have Siri as I understand. Just Dictation. ;)

It is the same voice dictation as in Siri in the iPhone. Yes, it's not Siri in the sense you can't ask it questions. But the technology is identical for voice.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)