• Total voters

navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
Just to get an idea of what's more popular. First 9 options apply only to 3rd gen iPads. I wish we had 11 options.

-16GB Wi-Fi
-32GB Wi-Fi
-64GB Wi-Fi
-16GB Wi-Fi + 4G AT&T
-32GB Wi- Fi + 4G AT&T
-64GB Wi- Fi + 4G AT&T
-16GB Wi-Fi + 4G Verizon
-32GB Wi- Fi + 4G Verizon
-64GB Wi- Fi + 4G Verizon
-as the prices drop, a new or used iPad 2

Ordered the 32GB Verizon in black. You could have double your options by adding colors!

Ordered the 32GB Verizon in black. You could have double your options by adding colors!

Yep. But 10 is the limit. Couldn't figure out an easy to understand way of including colors, and buying used vs new for the iPad 2, and keep it limited to 10. Oh well, how many would buy white? Hmmmmmm..... ;)

Keeping my eye out for the iPhone 5g. My coworker keeps saying she wants it.

I figure October for the iPhone 5 (or whatever they call it). I'll upgrade my iPhone 3GS then, probably. I'm "assuming" there will be something of interest there for me. Plus, my 3GS seems to be slowing down.

I sure hope they're not going to just call it "the new iPhone." Gotta KNOW which version you've got, to know which apps will work.

I am still undecided on whether I need 4G or not. I do have a standalone 4G hotspot, though it's not LTE.
I think I will wait to see on whether both AT&T and Verizon support the hotspot feature at launch and how well it works.
Without the hotspot feature, I don't think I would need the 4G version at all.
As for the capacity, I feel 32GB should be sufficient for most of my needs.

I ordered a 32GB Verizon Model in Black.

I currently have an iPad 2 32GB Verizon Model in Black.

My cell phone is a 32GB AT&T iPhone in Black,

While AT&T Data is cheaper, the Verizon dataplans include the Hotspot for free, while on AT&T it will be extra. I also like have the devices on two different network because when I travel someones one network works better then the other and this way I am almost always connected.

Ilya get one with 4G it makes it a total different experience, my iPad 1 was WIFI only and I never really used it, outside the house it was useless. But my iPad 2 I am connected everywhere it really is worth the extra money!

The only problem I have with these dataplans is 2GB? Your kidding me?! You do realize on a 4G LTE Network you can download you entire months worth of bandwidth in less then 10 minutes? They need to raise the bandwidth up a bit....

I think I will wait to see on whether both AT&T and Verizon support the hotspot feature at launch and how well it works.
Verizon has said it will support the Hotspot feature at release (at no extra cost its included with your data package) and AT&T said no they wont support it at release but may consider it in the future.

Ilya get one with 4G it makes it a total different experience, my iPad 1 was WIFI only and I never really used it, outside the house it was useless. But my iPad 2 I am connected everywhere it really is worth the extra money!
My wife's iPad 2 has 3G. But we only subscribed to 3G for one month when we bought it and never used it again. Never really had a need.
Wherever we travel we either have Wi-Fi, or we use a mobile hotspot (through T-mobile).
And I mostly use my iPhone with its unlimited data plan to check emails, browse web or stream music while on the road.

One advantage of the 3G/4G iPad though is the GPS. We run TomTom app on the iPad and it works great without 3G.

I'm sticking with the 16GB WIFI version again. I don't feel the need to spend more money on a cellular enabled version then pay a monthly fee on top of it. Since I've had the iPad 2 I think I can count on my hand how many times I needed a cellular signal with it, which I did by tethering it to my Android phone. I can't imagine many times when not having a cellular connection would screw me up, especially since I mainly use my iPad at home or at places that regularly have WiFi. Yeah it would be nice to have a data connection nearly ANYWHERE, but for $130 more and $30 a month I'll just use my phone for "anywhere" information.

Me I no longer carry around a laptop, but now I always have my iPad at hand. :) This way I am always connected and can fix things as needed. :D

I just want a new ipad. I already have an old ipad. :D

I'll go for the Verizon 64G with LTE if I can get and pay for the service only when I need it. If I can't do that, then I'll get the wifi only as I already have Myfi LTE. I used it at CES and it was great. I could watch my sling box HD channel as I was surfing the net and doing e-mail just like I was on cable modem.

I'll probably get the newest iPad eventually because my iPad1 is getting slow and I wish it had a camera. I am in no hurry and I may just get the iPad2 if it comes down. Maybe something to put on my Christmas list

If I do u would need at least 64G and I only need WiFi.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

.I always just use Wifi if available, or use Wifi tether, when I had android, and now the Iphone. I dont see the need to pay for two different data plans.

I'll probably get the newest iPad eventually because my iPad1 is getting slow and I wish it had a camera. I am in no hurry and I may just get the iPad2 if it comes down. Maybe something to put on my Christmas list

If I do u would need at least 64G and I only need WiFi.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Look HERE.

As for the capacity, I feel 32GB should be sufficient for most of my needs.

"640KB should be enough for everybody!" ;)

I remember thinking, when I spent $400 for a 40MB (yes, MB) hard drive sometime in the mid-'80s, "I couldn't possibly fill this thing up." That said, I also went for the 32GB. I hope we're right, Ilya.

I got the 4G more to have full GPS capabilities than anything, but I'm sure I'll occasionally use the 4G on a per month basis.

If I were the get the one with 4G without the 4G service, will I be able to use GPS APPs like I can on the phone?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts