• 32GB Wi- Fi + 4G Verizon

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • 64GB Wi- Fi + 4G Verizon

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • as the prices drop, a new or used iPad 2

Votes: 3 13.0%

• Total voters
Don Landis said:
Movies will fill the 64gb ipad fast. If you won't be watching movies, then a 16Gb will probably be fine.

Read an article suggesting apps will get larger due to the retina display requirements, I'd guess that 16gb will get small quickly.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Besides movies, two other areas that now occupy 2nd and third priority on my smart phone SD card memory are audible books and GPS downloaded maps. I can see both of these possibly consuming space on my ipad too. While I feel my video editing skills demand more robust editing capacity of a strong PC environment, I can see imovie, garage band and iphoto being real hogs on the ipad in the near future for many. What all this means is, if you have no plans to do any of this stuff, use your ipad maybe 2-3 times a week, I still say 16Bg will be fine. But if any of these storage requirements are in your future, Better spring for the $200 and get the 64Gb or more storage will probably be on top of your 2013 agenda for upgrade.

I think there is only one additional feature on my agenda for upgrade from the ipad3 and that would be a 3D auto stereo screen. Considering 95% of my video production these days is 3D, being able to play those creations on the ipad is high on my list and would get me to buy again next year.

Who would get an iPad and only use it 2 or 3 times a week?

Anyway, I got her the 64, to future proof it as much as possible. Maybe it'll buy us an extra couple of year's service.

I think 3's the charm on ipad. It will be tough for Apple to outdo themselves for a fourth version on the hardware side. For me it would be adding 3D autostereo capabilities. But I have this feeling that won't be next year, maybe the year after.

If you feel you will be keeping the ipad3 for a couple years, I think it would be foolish to not get the most storage you can get. With Video, 64Gb is not really that much. You are very wise to get the 64.

Don Landis said:
If you feel you will be keeping the ipad3 for a couple years, I think it would be foolish to not get the most storage you can get. With Video, 64Gb is not really that much. You are very wise to get the 64.
That's what I am thinking too. Even though 32GB might be enough for now, I don't want to regret it a year from now. So, I ended up getting the 64GB one.

It is strange comparing the poll results to what I just saw at Best Buy awhile ago. Went there to get one of the smart covers as Verizon store didn't have any. Best Buy, was sold out of just about all the ipad accessories. Had a couple smart covers in vomit green, white and easter eggshell blue. I found one gray so I got that one.

I don't know the distribution they got in but the most quantity in the locked cage was 32G wifi and all sizes of AT&T. I saw one Verizon 64G left. All total might have been 40 left. One of the salesmen said they had about 30 lined up outside when the store opened. He said they were disappointed in the turnout but sales were steady all day. They had a good stack of the expensive leather ones too.

Seems to me the timing of 8AM on a work day probably kept the turnout low. Wife said one guy was going to get one this weekend but said no way would he use a vacation day to go buy an ipad.

Those who were really anxious, have already bought their iPads in Walmart at midnight.

Sent from my iPad 3 using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)