My oh so Public Apology

Status
Not open for further replies.

stonecold

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 23, 2004
Directv La La Land
Well this past monday Hemi was making all the little Dishnetwork fans happy by doing what he normally does in the Directv forum, bash directv and by making generallized statements. That day I was simply was not in the mood for people bashing me. As when people make sweeping generalized statements about my 2nd job it bothers me as I know that my self and others are trying hard to reslove problems . But back on point So what I did was unacceptable since Directv bashing is ok here is I got upset and flamed the liing days lights out of him. I wont repeate what was said but there was a tail pipe reference .

So I here to openingly apologize to Hemi as I did not know that scott allows him to just opening troll the directv forums. Hemi in my opinion did nothing in that thread to help a customer in need.

But I am not here to rant on about how this site has been skwed since DTV falling out with Scott or how the site taken a more negative side toward DTV in the past couple of months.

During my time out I deced one thing I rather try and put up with the likes of Hemi / Scott and apologize and let them go on there normal anti productive behavior and try and help ever y single dtv customer who vists these forums hen to get in a war with to people who can easily ban me for the next time for spouting off on one of there questionable post.

While I work for Directv as Billing supervisor I am still a Dishnetwork sub I have just internationsl left with them . I still have good contacts at Dish in the CEO Csr Office and some other deparments . I even have contacts at Comcast corp if your having a problem with them . I here to say that You have a problem If your Dish / Direct / Other I might be able to help. No I cant make miracles happen but unlike some people on this board I am pro consumer I am here to help you not try and turn it into the next headline for my blog.

If you feel the need to rant and flame me in this post be my guess it your apparent right around here .

This is what you call an apology?:rolleyes:

You did say I could rant here.:D

Part apology part rant. I am sorry that I flamed Hemi and got my self banned. Still does not mean I like the anti dtv tone the site has taken. I just saying sorry I now know not to complain about dtv bashing.

Welcome Back Stone Cold.

I don't think the site has taken a negative tone about DirecTV, I do think that DirecTV has some issues that need to be addressed and fixed. I have always pointed out the flaws and strengths of both companies, and if I talk them I hope that someone sees it and takes notice to make their company better.

When I post issues I do it from the heart and again it is my hope that it helps make the company (whatever company it is) get better.

I have as noted noticed a definate slide in the operations at DirecTV since Liberty Media took over and to me that is sad, DirecTV was the true gold standard of subscription television. The have quickly went from that Gold Standard to a new version of TCI (remember them?) from the sky.

As far as DirecTV and SatelliteGuys goes NOTHING has changed there, things are running the same way they have always been, I keep seeing people say that we have been barred from the CE program, this is not true we have FULL PERMISSION from DirecTV to repost anything CE related from DBSTalk to here at SatelliteGuys. It has always been that way (except for a few months when the release notes were being sent to us directly.)

Some folks might be mad at me for reporting whats going on, but everything I am reporting is the truth, and I guess for some folks the truth hurts.

This site is about helping consumers get the most out of their satellite service, we are not going to kiss the ass of any satellite company just to get them to like us. Our members deserve the facts of whats really goiing on so that they can make better decissions on how they should spend their entertainment dollar.

While I see DirecTV on the verge of a huge downwards spiral, I do hope they can take off the blinders they hide behind and take a good honest look at whats going on currently in their company and does something to turn DirecTV back into the true gold standard of subscription television that it once was.

I am proud that since 2003 we have been calling it as we see it, and that is not going to change. SatelliteGuys is a site run by consumers for consumers.

Welcome back.

Its not DTV bashing though if people are telling the truth, thats what a lot of folks are failing to understand.

Scott,

Here is what I dont have a problem with

My mother died my father trying to make a payemtn and directv being jerks.

That is acceptable

It not Directv bashing when a directv customer has a complaint about customer service. Your article that you just did for mutlichannel well I find some flaws with it was not pretty accurate on some thing I seen.

What I have a problem with is people like Hemi with is Sig. It is a balant DTV bash and troll. yes I do have a problem with people unfornatlly under your protection not tring to help the guy but using it as an example ot bash tv. Hemi was not being helpful at all in that thread.

I was typing up a whole list of things we could possible du for the guy when you banned me which made me more upset.

But Again people with problems are not bashing people who hijack threads just to mention how bad dtv sucks and how we dont treat people like people yeah is a bash.

I dont go over to the dish net forum and every upset dish customer do I say oh yeah Dish csr or indian idiots who are mindless drones and charlie could care less if you left.

Is it true ? Yeah some what ? Is it necessary to for me to go into every negative dtv thread and post soemthign that that or have a negative dish bashing signature no.

Scott your very passive agressive for a while your not out there with pitch forks and fire but your setting a tone on this forum and you lack of acting on trolling is just sad. And again soemone with a complaint is not bashing or trolling it someone with a probmel .. Someone who just there to point out see i told you so or make smart remarks at dish or direct is bashing .

Maybe I paid you money too I could insult dish network people too.

Scott Next thing you know you tell me how your fair and balance like fox news or cnn.

StoneCold, remember the rules of the site name calling it not allowed.

And I will be the first to admit we do have a troll problem, we have Dish guys going to the DirecTV area and trolling, have DirecTV guys going to Dish area and doing it as well. The question is how to you stop it?

We could run the site like DBSTalk and delete any post which does not sound positive, but what good does that do. Contrary to popular belief we do not delete many messages here. In fact looking at the stats only 9 have been deleted here all month all for rules violations, spam or hacking questions.

We want people to speak their minds ON THE SERVICE not on each other.

And now to borrow a line from the real Stone Cold...

Thats the bottom line.. because Scott G said so. :D

StoneCold, remember the rules of the site name calling it not allowed.

And I will be the first to admit we do have a troll problem, we have Dish guys going to the DirecTV area and trolling, have DirecTV guys going to Dish area and doing it as well. The question is how to you stop it?

We could run the site like DBSTalk and delete any post which does not sound positive, but what good does that do. Contrary to popular belief we do not delete many messages here. In fact looking at the stats only 9 have been deleted here all month all for rules violations, spam or hacking questions.

We want people to speak their minds ON THE SERVICE not on each other.

And now to borrow a line from the real Stone Cold...

Thats the bottom line.. because Scott G said so. :D

Hemi thread hijack that thread about that guy who just lost his mother.

The OP had a gripe, and I had nothign against that I wanted to help.

Hemi hijacked that thread which is becoming more and more just balant and you dont care.

Not asking you to stop posting negative stories but I am asking you to control your moderators

Trolling should not be allowed by me you or any of your mods.

I risk my job by even posting here trying to help people. So Yes I want to know when something bad happens I see 3 mistkes that were made in your own cancelation which I am going to work with my agents on to make sure they dont make the mistake.

But again I have accepted that if your paid member or a mod you can troll all you like

have said some things recently that could be considered D* bashing. I am very concerned with the things that I am hearing, because I am a customer. I have referred several of my co-workers to D* which has put my credibility and my friendships on the line. I would not like ti if one of my friends tell me that D* hit them with a $300 ETF when one was not warranted. Not only that, but when D* admits it is unwarranted, it will take 6-8 weeks to get the money back. This did not only come from Scott, butseveral other people. I was a huge D* supporter for quite a while and I still am. I do like where D* is headed technology wise. If all goes according to plan , they will have a great service. I am in the service industry, so customer service is very important to me. When I first signed up with D*, I was very impressed with their CS. They have always treated me pretty good when I have had a concern. It wasn't until last week when I called to see when my commitment was over that I had problems. Instead of trying to help me fix my bad expiration date, they tried to find other things to extend my agreement. I just felt that was wrong. I want them to fix what is broken, if they truely want it fixed.

I have got to be honest, I really wasn't paying attention to Hemi, and for that I appologize.

Some people think I read every post here, which I can assure you is not the case, normally I only see the last one or two posts if the topic is something that interests me.

So again for that I appologize.

BTW here is a copy of the bill I got it in the mail yesterday just to show I am not making things up.. I wouldn't be as upset as I am with DirecTV personally but I was told when I canceled that the ETF was waived and I would not be charged one. Then was charged one anyways, the money was taken from my credit card without authorization, something DirecTV says they do not do. And finally holding on to MY $100 for two months because of a "boo-boo." that they made is unacceptable. Why should I give DirecTV a 2 month interest free loan when it was DirecTV's mistake?

I got to be honest, I thought many of the DirecTV ETF stories were just that... stories, I never in my wildest dreams expected it to happen to me.

Sorry for the rant. :D

Attachments

• bill1.jpg
    bill1.jpg
    688.2 KB · Views: 246
have said some things recently that could be considered D* bashing. I am very concerned with the things that I am hearing, because I am a customer. I have referred several of my co-workers to D* which has put my credibility and my friendships on the line. I would not like ti if one of my friends tell me that D* hit them with a $300 ETF when one was not warranted. Not only that, but when D* admits it is unwarranted, it will take 6-8 weeks to get the money back. This did not only come from Scott, butseveral other people. I was a huge D* supporter for quite a while and I still am. I do like where D* is headed technology wise. If all goes according to plan , they will have a great service. I am in the service industry, so customer service is very important to me. When I first signed up with D*, I was very impressed with their CS. They have always treated me pretty good when I have had a concern. It wasn't until last week when I called to see when my commitment was over that I had problems. Instead of trying to help me fix my bad expiration date, they tried to find other things to extend my agreement. I just felt that was wrong. I want them to fix what is broken, if they truely want it fixed.

that is not Bashing thought that is a gripe a legitmate gripe.

Now lets say you posted a thread about what you just posted up there and I put my dish net troll hat on

" Yeah eyah dtv sucks they treat you like crap but I dont have them so i dont know but they still suck "

That is a pointless trollign bash which hemi does in every post that he has his sig in. And most of his content

I want to slow dtv problem so posting of problem is good

Posting to bash dtv when the person trying to get help is pointless trolling which i think needs to stop but scott thinks it ok.

Now lets say you posted a thread about what you just posted up there and I put my dish net troll hat on

" Yeah eyah dtv sucks they treat you like crap but I dont have them so i dont know but they still suck "

That is a pointless trollign bash which hemi does in every post that he has his sig in. And most of his content
I do agree with you we do need to crack down more on that. I personally have been afraid of doing it in the past because I didn't want people calling our mods James Long, but again agree we should be working to cut down on the obvious trolling.

I do agree with you we do need to crack down more on that. I personally have been afraid of doing it in the past because I didn't want people calling our mods James Long, but again agree we should be working to cut down on the obvious trolling.

Scott,

If Hemi wor anyone else whants to make a dtv sucks bexause of xyz thing i am fine with that that open forum ....

When they do it in threads like the one I got in trouble for because I lost my cool yes those are the ones I like to see taken care of.

Also I like to point out for the dish people who like saying John Malones name alot. John Malone is not CEO of Directv He is chairman of the board

Larry Hunter is CEO.

No we dont need sat guys to be it own capt 2 cents aka James long.

Long and short there I feel that criticsm and even a little trolling is ok in the right place and not in every complaint thread let members of the dtv try and help the problem before the dish people step in to add flames to the fire.

Ditto for directv people of there.

It is a shame we just cant move post like we can move threads.

BTW here is a copy of the bill I got it in the mail yesterday just to show I am not making things up..

Just wanted to give an FYI. If you are going to remove your address, you may want to remove the last 4 digits of your zip code. The first 5 digits plus the last 4 point directly to your house. A quick Google search brought up the whole address, but so does a who is on the domain... So my ramblings may not matter anyhow.

It is better to be called tough than to have people that could actually help people avoid the forum for the reasons that Stone mentioned. I personally don't go in there much anymore just because of what Stone has mentioned.

It is better to be called tough than to have people that could actually help people avoid the forum for the reasons that Stone mentioned. I personally don't go in there much anymore just because of what Stone has mentioned.

I came to this site for DirecTV info and to help people when I was working in a DirecTV call center.... now I only come here for the sports and some of the other much less significant forums because of all the negative stuff touched on in this thread.

There's a great benefit to the 'nearly anything goes' attitude around here, but there's a greater benefit to keeping the crazies in line and the topics on topic.,

Status
Not open for further replies.