My price lock about to end?

budda

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 21, 2006
Oconomowoc
Just curious how other members made out when your price lock ended? Mine ends 10/19. Love the DVR and the service but not going to pay full price. May switch to DTV for two years than come back/maybe. Currently have. Have Hopper 3, 2 reg joeys and a 4k joey. 200 package, with sports added. paying 106.00. Have been with Dish about 15 years, no credit issues, auto pay, ya da ya da. Thinking it's going to jump up quite a bit. Any suggestions or ideas thanks.

Reactions: TheKrell
Just curious how other members made out when your price lock ended? Mine ends 10/19. Love the DVR and the service but not going to pay full price. May switch to DTV for two years than come back/maybe. Currently have. Have Hopper 3, 2 reg joeys and a 4k joey. 200 package, with sports added. paying 106.00. Have been with Dish about 15 years, no credit issues, auto pay, ya da ya da. Thinking it's going to jump up quite a bit. Any suggestions or ideas thanks.

Hi, budda! Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your home for the past 15 years! The best thing to do is to reach out to our customer service team by either dialing 800-333-3474 or by chatting with our team Request Rejected. We will be delighted to check what great options may be available for you! - Christina W.

There are rumblings that the people switching providers (repeatedly?) are now detected and the good deals are drying up.

Maybe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: TheKrell
I just signed a new 2yr agreement based on a price I asked for after mine expired and went up $35.00.

When you call, ask for Loyalty right off and that's the ONLY Dept you want to talk to, NOT Customer Service. The Overseas/Frontline CSR's have no ability to make deals on pricing

I had a 3 year agreement that expired several months ago. I didn't want another commitment so I switched to Flex Pack plus News Pack and am paying about the same as before. I actually picked up a couple of channels that we like to watch that weren't in the original package.

My 2 year agreement just ended. I called Dish and selected the disconnect option. This sends you to customer loyalty. I asked if renew my agreement for 2 more years. They said yes and my deal rolled over at the same price as the previous agreement. When this agreement ends I will have had no increase in price for 6 years. I’m a 20+ year Dish subscriber.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I get ATT Watch TV along with my cell service, so I just do Flex Pack. Price locked until July 2021.

ATT Watch TV is a decent, and cheap streaming service. Between the two, I get most of the national cable networks.

I get ATT Watch TV along with my cell service, so I just do Flex Pack. Price locked until July 2021.

ATT Watch TV is a decent, and cheap streaming service. Between the two, I get most of the national cable networks.

I would add by July 2021 I can see dropping Dish in favor of all streaming. By then, most streaming services will be HEVC H.265

To save me as a customer, there will be need to be smaller, more precise programming bundles.

Well called today, went up about $6. Which I was ok with. Was able to upgrade two of my regular Joeys to 4K at no charge. Also got the sports pack free for 12 months. Over all very happy. Thanks for all the reply's. :)

Thanks for the heads up. I'll keep my fingers crossed for Dec.

Mine just ended too and the price jumped $50. Planned to switch to Hulu Live but tested it for a few days and I hate it. I love Dish. I'll have to call loyalty or we'll just get new service in my wife's name. I'd hate to lose 10+ years of movies recorded.

I have found that when my offers expire I have been able to get similar offers, even the price lock again.

Reactions: budda

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)