My questions about UVERSE

Frank7004

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 13, 2009
Indiana
After being a Dish tech and not paying for my television, I now have to pay. (I am no longer a tech) I am considering giving uverse a try. If I understand the website, there is no commitment. (chatted with an agent). Can you install or add an external hard drive to the receiver? Do they have remote viewing capability like dish does...i.e. ipad/phone/etc? My last question, what does an install consist of?

at this time no external drives are supported. Install consists of allot of work at the pole then depending on how far from VRAD you are they will install a big modem outside or inside the house which will power your services. I suggest running cat5 to each TV you want (some prefer coax, I choose cat5). They will use existing coax or charge to run cat5 so I did mine myself before they came. Im not positive because although I have a iphone and never wanted to use it as a remote but I dont think they have a iphone/ipad remote thing. They do support HBO go on your ipad/iphone though. Hope that helps.

That does help, thanks. I will call them Tuesday and enquirer about new services again. If they don't have the remote viewing feature, that may be the deal breaker. My daughter watches TV on the ipad more than the tv...

Frank7004 said:
That does help, thanks. I will call them Tuesday and enquirer about new services again. If they don't have the remote viewing feature, that may be the deal breaker. My daughter watches TV on the ipad more than the tv...

You could buy a Slingbox Pro HD but that would cost 330. 300 for the Slingbox and 30 for the iPad app. Keep in mind that you can only view 2 HD and 2 SD streams at the same time. Or your internet speed might degrade when you watch 2 HD streams. You should also check out what your local cable company has to offer.

Sent from my iPad 2 using the SatelliteGuys App

$300 is what I would be saving by switching from dish. Maybe I'll keep my dish.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)