My recent dealings with Dish (plus some ?'s)

Smitty7831

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Mar 13, 2007
Willowick, OH
First, the back story:

I upgraded to a Dish 1000 about a year ago. It was one of the biggest pains that I have ever dealt with. First, the tech was late (no big deal, he did call) and then the dish he had brought had a bad LNB. He had an old Dish 1000 in the truck and put that up along with my DPP34 (that he had left in the snow). After screwing around until it was completely dark and a blizzard outside he finally got it working.

2 weeks later my switch went bad. Another tech came out and found that there was water inside of the switch and that it was not sealed properly. I told him that the last tech was going to install another switch but had to use mine because of the "old" Dish 1000. He replaced it and all was well.

Fast forward to today. We have had some really nasty wind and snow in beautiful northeast Ohio and I have been losing my signal. I step outside to see the dish rocking back and forth when the wind picks up. I decide to brave th elements and get out my trusty ladder and check it out. The dish was very loose (which I have never seen before) so I tightened the bolts on the arm. I figured I would tighten everything else while I was up there and realized that the original tech had only put 2 screws into the dish itself! Just the 2 top screws. This made the dish loosen up which made the while unit start to move and become loose.

I do an online chat with Dish and they tell me to contact a local retailer. They supply me with the names and numbers and I call one of them. They tell me to call Dish. I call Dish and I am told that a technician will be sent out to take care of it. I told her that i wanted them to do a re-point and she told me to tell the tech. So, after all of this, here are my questions:

1. Should I be concerned having an "old" Dish 1000 and a 34 switch?
2. Will the tech make a big deal about doing a re-point?
3. Have any of you ever had anything like this happen? Will the Dish become loose over time?

Sorry for the long story. Any insight would be great!

Nah just add the dhpp and pay the 29 dllr for the service call , or dont add dhpp and pay 49 dllrs. Im not sure how much retailers charge but if you have dhpp it will cover the switch and all. Plus you get a 90 day warranty. Saves you the hassle of calling diff retailers.

I switched to a dish 1000.2 or 1000 plus not for sure of the correct name but this dish does not need a 34 switch and it took care of all of my signal loss problems.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts