My response from Tech about 522 issues

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mboy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 30, 2003
Seems they are certainly aware and claim to monitor the forums:

I am taking this time to inform you of the ongoing (and oft reported on various internet forums) issues of video freezing and audio dropouts on my 522 receiver. I will not get into the issues of my 811 receiver as the 522 is more serious of the 2 now.
I am getting incredibly frequent audio dropouts as well as random video freezes, especially when playing back a pre recorded show.
I can assure you my signal levels are fine and their is absolutely NO problem with any of my other home theater hardware. I have already swapped optical cables with my 811 and have not experienced NY audio dropouts with it over a 3 day period.
You can visit ANY of the various Internet Forums that deal with Sat. Television to find MANY with these issues and the 522 receiver.
The issues were minor before the 2 most recent software updates, but now they are unbearable.
I do hope a resolution is in the works and in the very near future, otherwise, I will have to find another provider for my AEP + HD + locals package who has more stable hardware.

Thank you,

Dear Mr. XXXXX
We appreciate your feedback and are very happy that our customers are as passionate about TV as we are! We too monitor the forums online for any issues that our customers are experiencing.
We believe that we have found a software solution to the audio/ video issue you have described in your message. We are in the process of testing this solution and will have it out to our customers as soon as we believe it is ready. Unfortunately I cannot give you a target date at this time but I would expect it to be soon.

We appreciate your patients,

Jamie

mboy said:
Seems they are certainly aware and claim to monitor the forums:

... We appreciate your patients, ...
Wait a minute here. Did you send your email to Dish or to some hospital/HMO/doctor's office ???!!!

;-)

Oh man,

They replied a 2nd time, SAME exact email (different rep). SO it looks like that canned reposnse is not even a PROPER canned response:

Thank you for your email correspondence. I apologize it has taken so long to respond to your email. We appreciate your feedback and are very happy that our customers are as passionate about TV as we are! We too monitor the forums online for any issues that our customers are experiencing.

We believe that we have found a software solution to the audio/ video issue you have described in your message. We are in the process of testing this solution and will have it out to our customers as soon as we believe it is ready. Unfortunately I cannot give you a target date at this time but I would expect it to be soon.

We appreciate your patients,

Sincerely,

Tom H.

Technical Support

Dish Network

********** Original Message **********

Not only was this signed Tom H,, but the email was from amanda

Well, since they monitor forums such as this, hopefully they'll correct the spelling error in their form letter and at least remember to replace the "from" name in it ! :)

If these issues aren't resolved with the next update, I'm going with DirecTV w/Tivo. Simple as that.

I have the same issue with my Dish 811. I has gotten progressively worse over the last couple weeks. I've only had it for about a month.

I've found that if I power it down and immediately power it back on, the freezing goes away. I have not noticed this issue on my DVR-522.

Upon searching google for dish 811 freezing I found this forum.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)