My second 811 is now screwed.

VegasVoomer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 3, 2004
Las Vegas
I had an 811 receiver for 8 months working flawlessly. Then one day 2 weeks ago..no signal from any sat. I moved my 311 upstairs where the 811 is and it works fine. Moved the 811 downstairs and still no signal. So Dish sent me a replacement. A remanufactured 811. Activated last Saturday and everything was back to normal. Last night the same thing happend. No signal except for whichever my locals are on. Is there any know problem with the 811. Is there any other HD receiver I cant ask for besides the ViP. I'm getting very angry about this.

This is a known problem. My 811 does the same thing every now and then. I called the Tech, they told me the simpliest work around is :

1. Unplug the 811
2. Unplug all other receivers you may have
3. Wait for 10 minutes
4. Plug the 811 back
5. On 811 go check switch (somewhere in the setup menu I forgot)
6. The 811 should now connect to all sat
7. Plug all other receivers back and make sure they work properly

Dish told me it's a know configuration problem when the 811 is use with other receivers. They're working on a fix, but who knows when that'll be release. It seems that when they fix one problem 2-3 other new problem arises.:mad:

Hi,
If this work around did or does work, what if any HD channels can you get? DISH is telling me I can't activate the 811 I got off eBay for HD but it will work with SD programing.

Thanks,
Scott

you got your information then, if your 811 is not replacing one thats gone bad then they wont activate any hd content on it.

This 811 is a replacement from Dish. I dont know why they didnt tell me about the problem and the fix instead of sending a different 811 that the same thing will happen to. It did work and jdp IS my hero. It did it again last night. This is a serious pain in the ass. It took nearly 10 minutes to get it going again after plugging it back in. Waiting for the switch test, finding signal, downloading pg, then downloading pg AGAIN. I'm wanting to upgrade to the HD DVR but I got to do some reading about it here to see if its any worse as far as SW goes.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)