My signature

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawkyou72

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 21, 2013
Washington State
Why would someone just go in and delete my signature? If someone had a problem with it why wouldn't they contact me first? Just going in and deleting it is wrong. :wtf

Forum Rules:

7. Referral Programs
All satellite companies offer their customers a referral program which allows them to earn money for referring their friends to sign up for their services. Because everyone here basically has these referrals available to them a number of folks have posted their referral information which in turn had many members doing the same thing. This then cluttered up the site as it turned into spam and because of this we do not permit the posting of referral information to the forums, nor do we allow posts from members seeking referral information from members. Sending referals via our private message system is also not allowed. if you receive one of these referrals via a PM and did not request to please contact a SatelliteGuys staff member for help. If you are a member looking for a referral please private message any SatelliteGuys staff member who will be happy to give you a money saving referral. The SatelliteGuys staff is a group of volunteers who work hard and they appreciate it when they can earn money from giving referrals to our members. (Please note from Octber 1, 2013 - December 31, 2013 Pub Members, Supporting Founders and Staff members are allowed to post Referrals in their signatures. For full rules on this special promotion please see the Pub Members Referral Program in our Pub Members forum.)
Joining as a pub member will give you added benefits and access to the pub.

I know the rules now. That isn't my issue. My signature was just deleted with no notice. A simple "please remove your signature" would have been nice. Are you basically telling me that if I was a PUB member my signature would have been OK? I see the same Signatures still up advertising referral codes.

We generally try to send out PMs out of courtesy, but occasionally it will slip our mind.

I know the rules now. That isn't my issue. My signature was just deleted with no notice. A simple "please remove your signature" would have been nice.

And Scott apologized for that as now did MSmith. There is no forums site I go to that panders to us like this site, mistakes sometimes are made.

Apology doesn't mean much when the problem is still there. My question still hasn't been answered. I feel like I'm dealing with politicians. Amazing!

Sorry advertising in signatures is not allowed. I am however sorry you didn't get a PM with the details.

Forum Rules:
7. Referral Programs
All satellite companies offer their customers a referral program which allows them to earn money for referring their friends to sign up for their services. Because everyone here basically has these referrals available to them a number of folks have posted their referral information which in turn had many members doing the same thing. This then cluttered up the site as it turned into spam and because of this we do not permit the posting of referral information to the forums, nor do we allow posts from members seeking referral information from members. Sending referals via our private message system is also not allowed. if you receive one of these referrals via a PM and did not request to please contact a SatelliteGuys staff member for help. If you are a member looking for a referral please private message any SatelliteGuys staff member who will be happy to give you a money saving referral. The SatelliteGuys staff is a group of volunteers who work hard and they appreciate it when they can earn money from giving referrals to our members. (Please note from Octber 1, 2013 - December 31, 2013 Pub Members, Supporting Founders and Staff members are allowed to post Referrals in their signatures. For full rules on this special promotion please see the Pub Members Referral Program in our Pub Members forum.)

We generally try to send out PMs out of courtesy, but occasionally it will slip our mind.

....... My question still hasn't been answered.
Sure looks to me you got explanations and apologies...

Apology doesn't mean much when the problem is still there. My question still hasn't been answered. I feel like I'm dealing with politicians. Amazing!
Unless we have all misunderstood the question, it has been answered.

Edit: I will clarify with a quoted post from the head man on the pub referral program though that has been discontinued.

As of April 15th, the SatelliteGuys Referral Program for Pub Members is being discontinued.

DISH has changed the rules on their program and is now invalidating referrals posted on SatelliteGuys and sites like SatelliteGuys. (Certificate(s) may not be posted to any coupon site, forum, blog or message board, whether public or private. Certificate(s) may be deactivated and referral eligibility may be revoked. Other restrictions apply.)

In addition DIRECTV has been making it harder for users to use their referals and no have been asking people for the referrers account numbers, home telephone number and full name on the account to accept the referral.

I think its kind of silly for both of them and the referrals are bringing them something they both need... NEW CUSTOMERS.

The SatelliteGuys Referral Program was only supposed to run through the Holidays of 2013 and it is now 2015. So it has had a good run and many of our pub members have benefited from it.

We ask all Pub Members who have any mention of Referrals in their signature to remove it by April 15th. After that SatelliteGuys Staff will be removing them as they see them. We don't want someone using your referral and not having you get credit for it. I think these changes are a mistake from both companies. Thank you for your understanding.

I see that on what teachsac posted it mentioned a time period but it was not in bold, so that may have caused confusion for you.

Forum Rules:

I asked this question which I'm still looking for an answer.

Are you basically telling me that if I was a PUB member my signature would have been OK? I see the same Signatures still up advertising referral codes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts