Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Does anyone use the mobile apps Pushover or PushBullet?

They are both mobile applications which can alert you to notifications.

New software is available to us (at no cost) which would add support for both of these applications. I am just wondering if we should add it. :)

Pushover only shows 50,000+ (or less than 100,000) downloads in Google's Play Store. Just my personal preference or rule, but I don't download apps with numbers that low (I realize they have to start somewhere) for "security" reasons. "Can the app be trusted ?" is what I base it on. I don't know if Pushover is brand new either.

Pushbullet, on the other hand, shows 1 million+ downloads - a much safer bet.

I presume this can hook into Xenforo ? Their description in the Play Store isn't clear about 'forum' tie-ins but does show notifications for a lot of other stuff.

Reactions: Troch77
Yes its a plugin for Xenforo, and it adds support for both of them.

I am considering getting rid of our custom version of TapaTalk (which they haven't updated in 9 months now) and moving to something else. (while still planning on supporting Tapatalk itself.)

while still planning on supporting Tapatalk itself.
It has notifications so these apps, or the support for them, may be limited. These apps could appeal to members who solely visit with their mobile browser so maybe compare the numbers. I'd venture to say that those who only visit from a computer browser don't care about being notified instantly, no matter where they are.

Looking at the stats its about 50 / 50 for people who use the site via mobile, about half are using Tapatalk and the other half are using their browser.

The app just gives them alerts to then they got a PM, someone replied to their thread... etc.

I use the dedicated Reader app on my iPhone. I prefer it to using Safari.

Dump it. I'll get used to Chrome or try the "real" Tapatalk again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

My signature

Server Optimization

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)