Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I am doing some server optimization tonight... it hasn't been done in awhile.

First off all images are now being served from our cloud servers. If you are not seeing images please add cdn.satelliteguys.us to your whitelist.

Soon we will be serving javascript, css and static files from cdn.satelliteguys.us as well.

Also the helpers online on the main forums listing page is only showing the DISH dirt team, and not the SatelliteGuys staff. This is by design the 'Helpers Online' list pulls all user info, and session info for everyone online in the last period and post-processes that in php. This can be massively pruned back, and make the SQL server do slightly less. With this change that page now loads almost 30% faster.

The staff is show correctly on other pages which are much less intensive. :)

I have also modified our caching on our server and now we are using both a frontend and backend caching server. This should also help with performance. :D

If you have any issues please post here. Thanks!

I see all "Helpers" online on the homepage as well as main forums page.

I did some server work about 3 hours ago, and found an issue and fixed it.

According to GTMetrix we went up from a C- grade to an A grade for a pagespeed score.

Are you noticing any difference in speed?

Reactions: TheKrell
Wondering why things were faster.

From webpagetest.org
webtest.png

Now the only reason the Cache static content is an F is because that test sees all the ads and all the images from the ads are set by the ad agencies not to cache. Everything from SatelliteGuys is properly caching. :)

That's odd those avatars are working here.

I'm missing avatars on some members. ie CFGuy, DRCars, broeddog, mccoyrj, to name a few
Something on your end I assume, I just logged in as you and those avatars are showing fine.

All working fine here.

To be honest the only change made yesterday was from where the javascript used by the forum software was sent to you from.

Scott, I know you said that you didn't do anything with the ads, but dang, things are faster now and it's been 4 days and I had no issues with ads taking over preventing me from logging on.

Something on your end I assume, I just logged in as you and those avatars are showing fine.
Interesting, Well I'm missing the same avatars on all my computers so I would say my ISP is blocking the server those are on. I'm missing about 5% of the avatars, maybe less. Not going to be a big deal, but annoying none the less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anyone use Pushover or PushBullet?

Satelliteguys.us unavailable from certain networks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)