My STB was Freaking Out this am - Broken?

bdcrow00

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Jul 23, 2004
Early this am, my VOOM started going wacko. Any time I select the PG, PG appears but the preview window alternates between the movie and a blank preview window. Channel is locked, ch up/down doesn't work, and the back key doesn't work.

Recovery requires a hard boot (unplug). Then the programming works fine with ch up/down or direct tune (number entry). This continues until I select PG again when it locks up as before.

Has anyone else seen this? My screen still showed V6.20. Do I need a new STB?

Brian

My STB was doing this at 2:00 AM last night. I did notice that a handfull of the Voom exclusive channels had a "Voom is experiencing technical difficulties, please stand by" message on them. I tried a reboot (power switch hold in for 10 seconds). After 15 minutes I had PG info available again only when using the channel up/down buttons. The VOOM button made the box do weird things. I shut it all down and went to bed.

This morning at 6:00 AM PST everything was fine. I had all of the Voom exclusives back and the PG was working just as good as new.

Whew! I tried over lunch and everything was fine here too.

Once again a happy VOOMer,
Brian

Happened to me too here in MD. I Just unplugged the box and it was all better. I thought it was something I did. Silly me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)