does stb require authorization out of the box

greekpolis

Original poster
Mar 8, 2005
thinking of purchasing a set just for ota broadcasts. am not interested in subscribing to voom service. Will the OTA broadcase work without activation?

Thanks in advance.

I purchased one off ebay and tried to activate it. Voom would not activate it because it was not purchased from an "authorized" seller, in fact, they initially told me to report it to the police as stolen merchandise. Have returned it, now trying to get my money back.

No. Most STBs were stolen.

greekpolis said:
thinking of purchasing a set just for ota broadcasts. am not interested in subscribing to voom service. Will the OTA broadcase work without activation?

Thanks in advance.

Watching some of the new HDTV channels under increasingly cloudy Seattle skies, Gill

c22822 said:
I purchased one off ebay and tried to activate it. Voom would not activate it because it was not purchased from an "authorized" seller, in fact, they initially told me to report it to the police as stolen merchandise. Have returned it, now trying to get my money back.
Good luck on getting your money back, it's going to be a long bumpy road. Hopefully your box wasn't stolen but awhile back there was a whole lot of them that were stolen.

Anyway,
Good luck

Oops, thanks, vurbano! I wished they were HD.

vurbano said:
what new HD channels??????? Has there been an addition??

However, now watching one of VOOM's HD channels under rainless! Seattle skies, Gill

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts