my upgrade story this morning...so far, not good

davec53

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 29, 2006
well, the tech arrived right on time and was able to swap out my 500 dish and my 522 receiver for a 1000 dish and 622 in quick fashion.

then, he did the satellite test...the sat 2 receiver picked up 110,119, and 129 just fine, but sat 1 didn't pick up anything and said there was a problem with a switch or connection.

he went outside and changed a LNB on the dish, and he switched out the separator he had used for another one, but still no good.

so, he hooked the 522 back up, and it grabbed all 3 positions on both receivers, so he said the 622 was DOA. thankfully, his office had another one and he's gonna be back around noon to try again...i will update then...i knew it would be something!!

wow...well, the dude finally came back at about 3:30, hooked up the new 622 (also noticed on the work order that the unit from that morning was remanufactured), and it picked up all 3 birds just fine.

he didn't leave a dish pointed at 61.5, but i didn't argue about it.

he called to activate it, and the CSR wanted to talk to me. i let him talk me into the Platinum pack, but it was only $3 higher than what i was going to be paying without it, somehow.

here's the only problem...the lady who called me the other day, from ceo@echostar.com, told me she would add CBS-HD for me, but the dude on the phone today wouldn't do it.

she is calling me on Friday to get my credit card # for the lease fee, so i will address that with her at that time and see if we can get it straightened out. i sure hope so...would like to be watching Jericho in HD! he gave me the company line about a "recent court ruling on DNS..."...blah blah blah....i told him i knew all of that, but that i had been given the "OK" to get CBS-HD, but still no good, so we'll see.

i wasn't blown away at first, but was awfully impressed....then, i found the "HDTV Settings" under the 622 menu and moved it up from 480p to 1080i and WOW...holy crap, what a difference. gonna experiment now with 1080i vs 720p and see what i think (running component + optical audio).

yay!

here's the only problem...the lady who called me the other day, from ceo@echostar.com, told me she would add CBS-HD for me, but the dude on the phone today wouldn't do it.

she is calling me on Friday to get my credit card # for the lease fee, so i will address that with her at that time and see if we can get it straightened out. i sure hope so...would like to be watching Jericho in HD! he gave me the company line about a "recent court ruling on DNS..."...blah blah blah....i told him i knew all of that, but that i had been given the "OK" to get CBS-HD, but still no good, so we'll see.
Unless you have a dish pointed at 61.5 or 148, you wont be able to pick up CBS-HD.

So, did you have to take the entire day off of work? I see that you posted early in the morning (around 9am) and then the guy said he'd be back around noon, but then came at 3:30. So my guess is, you would have had to be there and forced not to leave for fear that you'd miss him. This is what prevents a lot of complaints, people just not thinking it is worth the effort to have the technician come out.

So, did you have to take the entire day off of work? I see that you posted early in the morning (around 9am) and then the guy said he'd be back around noon, but then came at 3:30. So my guess is, you would have had to be there and forced not to leave for fear that you'd miss him. This is what prevents a lot of complaints, people just not thinking it is worth the effort to have the technician come out.

That's one of the reasons why I'm not upgrading from a 811. My time is worth money. I'm not taking a day off work ,only to get the "run around" from Dish Network !!protest

I already have the Dish's in place and operating,but to lose time($$) just for some Guy in a Dish Truck to plug in the Receiver..............I don't think so !

2 things

1 For E CBS HD you have to have a dish at 61.5. 2 Like the rest of us unless you are considered w/in the NY local area on Fri. it will be lost. E* isn't messing w/ you there is just no reason to add something that is not available.

glad to hear they aren't shafting me on the CBS-HD deal...still sucks not to get them though.

i did take a whole day off. they had scheduled between 8-12 this morning, and he was actually here shortly after 8, but the DOA 622 slowed things down.

he had another tech meet him halfway between here and the location of the install company to bring him another 622, BUT, he decided to go ahead and do 2 or 3 other jobs that were in the county before he came back to me. it truthfully pi**ed me off, because i needed to get into town to do some things, and i would have been able to, had he come back at 12-1, as he originally stated he would.

as it turned out, the very thing i didn't WANT to happen...sitting around all day waiting for a tech...happened. the guy was nice enough, and he did do a good job on the install, but i sure didn't feel like i was very high on the priority list, even though i was the first job of the day.

1 For E CBS HD you have to have a dish at 61.5. 2 Like the rest of us unless you are considered w/in the NY local area on Fri. it will be lost. E* isn't messing w/ you there is just no reason to add something that is not available.

Or 148 for LA CBS

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)