My View

Mine: Marley and Me
Watched on my Sony 1080p 40" set from a Sony BDP 350 (didn't use receiver so can't comment on sound)
PQ: no obvious problems looked very, very good.

Story: Good story, I have a dog very much like Marley so it struck a chord and I like Owen Wilson and Jennifer Aniston.

Extras: A lot of funny Deleted Scenes, a look at the many Dogs involved in making Marley and Trailers for Ice Age 3, The Pink Panther 2, Australia, Bride Wars and Night at the Museum 2.

Last edited:
Slumdog Millionaire:

Watched on my 65" Mits 65831 from teh Samsung BD3600. PQ and SQ were outstanding. The movie was very well done. I was surprised. Most of the time I don't really care for the films they give the Oscars to.

S~

Transporter 3:

Watched on 50" Panny 85u with BD35. PQ and AQ were great, but the story is getting tired and this one was pretty boring. About as many far fetched scenes as 2, neither have been as good as the first.

Quantum Of Solace:
Watched on my Mitsu and Sony. Great picture and sound, liked the continuation of the story, but I couldn't stand the editing. Almost all camera shots lasted no longer than 5 seconds. I never got to really enjoy the scenes.

Quantum Of Solace:
Watched on my Mitsu and Sony. Great picture and sound, liked the continuation of the story, but I couldn't stand the editing. Almost all camera shots lasted no longer than 5 seconds. I never got to really enjoy the scenes.

:up:up:up:up:up:up

Quantum Of Solace:

+1. I also found editing issues affecting my ability to follow the story. Too many "Huh, how did we end up here?" moments for me and my GF. I expected to see a lot of deleted scenes in the extra features, but didn't find any. The "On Location" extra feature was actually pretty entertaining, though I don't take the time to watch those much anymore.

Looked great on my 46" Panny 800u and PS3. Excellent HD sound from Yamaha 663 receiver and 6.1 JBL speaker set up. Overall, enjoyed the movie very much.

Last watched Travolta as antagonist in The Punisher. I was attracted to this one for several reasons: Travolta, action flick based on comic book heros (lots of those lately and I'm becoming quite a fan even tho' I never was much of a comic fiend), had DD ES 6.1 soundtrack (first I have heard beyond 5.1), and - oh yeah - it was $10 at Walmart.

The action was great and the PQ kept up with it. Altho' this is a no-name/no-acclaim flick in most respects it did not disappoint. And I think I actually did hear a couple of things coming from directly behind me for the first time. This one will be worth a rewatch someday. There's apparently a sequel - Punisher: War Zone - and I'll be looking for that one as well.

Watched/heard on my 52" Sony LCD, Sony 550 player, and Sony/Paradigm 7.1 sound system. Overall another great evening of HT experience! (Took 2 full bowls of popcorn and a couple of beers. Ain't it great to be able to hit "Pause" long enough to unload/reload...?!?)

Seven Pounds

It was OK, but had the potential to be so much better. Death and dying are always hard subjects around my house. PQ and AQ were very good.

Watched on the 65831 and Samsung 3600.

S~

Why does this thread exist? There is already a thread on last movie watched. Why not just make comments in there on how you liked the movie you just watched and the quality of its picture and sound? Now we just have people posting the same post in both threads. This needs to be merged.

Why does this thread exist? There is already a thread on last movie watched. Why not just make comments in there on how you liked the movie you just watched and the quality of its picture and sound? Now we just have people posting the same post in both threads. This needs to be merged.

The other thread from my understanding was to just announce the last and next flick you are seeing and sometimes to give a brief review.

This thread is a more review friendly thread where we can really get into discussing films in greater detail...

Movie: SlumDog Millionaire on Toshiba 42hl167, Sony BX1, Onkyo 606. Movie looked fantastic, very clean, colorful scenes. I like the fact that it was shot in india with alot of Bright colors against brown ground/houses. Really made the picture pop. Another thing that poped was the music, it was edited in too loud in my opinion. When the music would come on, we would almost have to turn it down as it was blaring, but the speaking parts were just right, and yes I was using DTS MA. Movie was okay in my opinion had sorta a romeo juliet/forrest gump crossover set in india feel to me.

Movie: SlumDog Millionaire Another thing that poped was the music, it was edited in too loud in my opinion. When the music would come on, we would almost have to turn it down as it was blaring, but the speaking parts were just right, and yes I was using DTS MA.

Agree there. Had to do the same thing.

S~

The other thread from my understanding was to just announce the last and next flick you are seeing and sometimes to give a brief review.

This thread is a more review friendly thread where we can really get into discussing films in greater detail...
Exactly, in this thread you can write 1 line or several page's describing your thoughts on a movie... :)

Twilight
While not the obvious demographic for this movie, I enjoyed... was slow at first but...
PQ: Good, had a blue tint to though.
Watched on my 40" 1080p set, and my 99" 720p BT set... ( half and half) both were with 5.1 sound.)
Sound: Not bad, but not a real surround move imho... '

again not my demographic, but not as bad as most on the net would lead you to believe....

Disney's Bedtime Stories
Wow... Adam Sandler in a Disney Movie and it really Works Imho... funny and imaginative...
Watched on the Sony 40" with 5.1 sound, Very good surround sound and Excellent PQ. and decent extras... a good Family Movie.

Walle- Good movie, I wasnt blown away by it, but thought it was good. The audio was very clean and the picture was good, but at times for some reason to me looked a bit blurred (just a little, hard to explain really) but My son liked the movie and it kept him entertained for an hour before bed time so it did its job!

KungFu Panda: Okay I wanted to watch this more then my son! I loved this movie, The audio was very well done, and the mix levels were great. The Sound was clean with many rear sounds making the experience all that more enjoyable. Picture quality was outstanding! the story in this movie was good, and found it funny and engrossing!

nick and norahs infinite playlist: Picture quality was great, very vibrant and detailed, with majority of this movie being shot at night. I love seeing neon lights in a movie, I just like how they look, the audio was clean with no hiccups, and the audio really kicked in when they were in clubs...story line, well lets just say I turned this movie off after a half an hour.

Watched the BD of the new "The Day The Earth Stood Still", on my friend's 46" LCD, using a Sony S550. PQ and SQ was excellent. Story was a little different from the original. I love the original movie, but nowdays the special effects and sound are so much better. I wasn't looking forward to Keanu Reeves playing Klatu (?), but he pulled it off ok.........

The Spirit

What a difference 24 hours makes...

The Spirit
Viewed on a Sony 40" 1080p set no external audio & Mitsubishi HC1500C 720p 73" screen with DTS 6.1 Audio from a Denon receiver 100 watts per channel, self powered 10" Sub & Shakers mounted in chair.

I started watching and couldn't get into, 24 hours later I started and finished on the 73" screen.
If you liked Sin City and maybe even the Kill Bill Movies you might like this as it is different... Same type look as Sin City and lots of action. Lot's of beautiful Women in this movie.
I thought it was humorous in spots... watch the 'O's ;)
PQ is excellent with decent bitrate and the Audio has very good surround effects, the LFE is just right and doesn't overpower you, if you have shakers it helps...

Extras
Trailers: Crank, Terminator 2: Judgement Day Skynet Edition, Transporter 3, Bangkok Dangerous, Hulk vs. Wolverine & Hulk vs. Thor.

Audio Commentary by Frank Miller, Green World, Alternate storyboard ending, History Repeats, Miller on Miller and Theatrical Trailer.

Audio
English 7.1 DTS Master Audio
French 5.1 Dolby Digital

Attachments

• The Spirit.JPG
    The Spirit.JPG
    13.6 KB · Views: 188
  • The Spirit a.JPG
    The Spirit a.JPG
    25.7 KB · Views: 221
  • The Spirit Bitrate.JPG
    The Spirit Bitrate.JPG
    28.3 KB · Views: 192
  • The Spirit Bitrate 1.JPG
    The Spirit Bitrate 1.JPG
    26.5 KB · Views: 206

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)