My VIP 222 is a piece of junk

Gentleman

PIT MEMBER
Original poster
Oct 16, 2003
New Orleans
I have a new 222, utilizing a dish 500 looking at 110/119 with a dp pro plus lnb and another 500 looking at 61.5 it has been activated for 6 day and has been nothing but a headache, it is constantly freezing or going to a snowy screen where I have to reboot it, rebooting on it's own, on an average it has either rebooted or I have to reboot it on an average of 3 times a day, I have unplugged it, checked cable connections, checked grounding and even lit a devotional candle, none of which resolves the problems, Signal strength is above 100 on 110/119 and 95+ on 61.5

Bob

I have ran into a couple 222's doing the same thing, I replaced them and the customers haven't called back....yet anyway.

I have the same setup that is about a week and a half old. It has or I have rebooted it about 5 or 6 times. My problem seems to be 129. When a channel, usually one of the Vooms, on a weak transponder, freezes up, its done. If you can get it off that channel before total freeze you can prevent it. It also happened once when I clicked on a help box and it locked up. Otherwise I like this receiver a lot. Now, for the last couple of days, its been okay. I was tempted to put the 129 dish back on 61.5 as I had no problems then with my 811, but I don't know for sure if all my subs are duplicated there. I have the 250 HD, Voom pak with Phoenix locals.

I have the same setup that is about a week and a half old. It has or I have rebooted it about 5 or 6 times. My problem seems to be 129. When a channel, usually one of the Vooms, on a weak transponder, freezes up, its done. If you can get it off that channel before total freeze you can prevent it. It also happened once when I clicked on a help box and it locked up. Otherwise I like this receiver a lot. Now, for the last couple of days, its been okay. I was tempted to put the 129 dish back on 61.5 as I had no problems then with my 811, but I don't know for sure if all my subs are duplicated there. I have the 250 HD, Voom pak with Phoenix locals.

You may have hit on something there, although I am aimed at 61.5, we have been having a lot of heavy rains the last few days and every time when you you would normally get a searching for sat screen because of rain fade, my 222 freezes and I have to reboot, I also like the receiver just frustrated

Bob

You may have hit on something there, although I am aimed at 61.5, we have been having a lot of heavy rains the last few days and every time when you you would normally get a searching for sat screen because of rain fade, my 222 freezes and I have to reboot, I also like the receiver just frustrated

Bob

Well, this morning it got very interesting. When I turned on the 222 receiver it started freezing up within 2 minutes and continued to freeze and reboot every 2 to 5 minutes for over 6 times. Then I unplugged it for 5 min and tried it again. Still did it until I took both tuners off of any 129 channels. I put tuner 1 back on a Voom channel and it froze only intermittently and never locked up. I gave up and called dish after all this and have a tech coming out Weds to check it all out, and he is bringing a receiver along.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)