Lost signal from all three Sats

NoWhrMn

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 9, 2005
Tucson, Az
I was watching the baseball game and all of a sudden I lost signal from all three sats. Still have my OTA but nothing else. Wondering if anyone else is having problems.

Not that I think it is a receiver problem I have a 622

Do you just have the one receiver, if not did the same happen on the other(s). If not check cable connections that is the biggest problem on service calls other than dogs and rats chewing wires and kids swinging on the poles.

Nope, it's not just you. I've been without for about an hour now. It's being reported on dbstalk also. Somethings up, but not everyone is seeing the issue.

Checked receiver in the other room and they still have service. So I am currently running a check switch. Since when did the check switch have 38 tests?

Interesting I get a warning message after doing the check switch that says "One of the satellite inputs or switches is not connected properly. Normal operation will be adversly affected."

Boy I'd say. Now where to start checking. The connections in the back of the reciever are good. Guess I will be going out side.

Ok, get this. I've got a 322 in another room that works, but my 722 is doing the exact, and I mean the exact same thing your 622 is doing.

This is jacked up. I've had HD for 3 day, and I've had outages two of those days. Guess I'm giving up for the night. Me sleepy. ;)

Just about 10 minutes ago all of them returned. I don't think it was something I did. Like I said it just went away during the middle of the game I was watching. Then almost exactally one hour later it came back.
Now I have all three sats working as advertised. Well I will post if anything else happens, but now it is time for news and then bed.

If you run a check switch during a signal outage you'll cause problems with your switch matrix which will require another check switch when the signal is back.

Yes I know but I was looking to see if there was something else there. I was still getting signal in the other room on the 322.

Any how I've had no problems today. (keeping my fingers crossed)

Mine has been doing this every single night. I'm calling and setting up a service call today. This is getting old..

I had the same problem with the signal this Morning on my 211, nothing mean 0, last night when I turned it off it worked fine, but I was watching OTA.
I did check swith, same 38 Tests then it showed 2 X, where I usually get green boxes.
I unplugged the unit and when it came back I did the check switch but his time it did the usual 3 Tests and everything worked fine after about 10 min of booting etc...

I don't really think so. It's a brand new 722 that's sits in an open stand. My 522 sat in the same place without any issues.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)