My VIP 622 will not stop rebooting

howardlee

Original poster
Jun 12, 2006
After Dish add 3 new HD channel last week, My 622 keep rebooting. Each reboot loop will last 3-4 hours. Sometime I can see acquire satellite signal screen, after 2 of 5, it reboot again.

When it after reboot, everything is fine.

try soft reset and hard reset. no luck.

I do think it is overheat. I can watch it for hours without reboot.

During the reboot loop, the fan is very loud, Is this all right?

Can anyone tell me the detail about got a replacement?

The fan does a full speed run while rebooting, it's normal.

If you think it is overheating, where do you normally keep the receiver so that it isn't getting good air circulation?

Replacement? Call and ask for tech support. Tell them your 622 will not stop rebooting even after unplugging and letting it sit for awhile before plugging in again. Ask them if they can replace it asap.

checked temp, average 107.

the fan never stop during reboot loop.

more detail

it will in a reboot loop, after a while, the fan stopped, go to acquired satellite signal screen, during the process, it will reboot again. if pass the acquired satellite signal screen, it will work for less than a hour and reboot again.

before today, it will last the whole day after reboot loop.

Replacement? Call and ask for tech support. Tell them your 622 will not stop rebooting even after unplugging and letting it sit for awhile before plugging in again. Ask them if they can replace it asap.

Are they charge me anything?

Mine is doing something similar. My 622 just completely locked up all day. I know for certain my temps are fine. I did like 3 soft reboots, no luck. Finally, the hard reboot did the trick. It was the damndest thing. Receiving was locked up, yet it still recorded the programs it was supposed to, it was really odd. Never had a single issue with the box before today. Hopefully, it will not happen again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts