My ViP to Hopper checklist

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Ganthet

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 29, 2006
To channel my excitement waiting for my upgrade on 3/22 I decided to make my own little checklist to be ready for the upgrade. I figured I'd post it here for anyone else waiting for an upgrade. I'm sure I'll adjust/add to it as these early installs unfold. Please feel free to offer suggestions:

Hopper Upgrade Checklist
(ViP622 and ViP211 to 1 Hopper/2Joeys)

24hrs before upgrade
• Check Timer Schedule to make sure there is nothing scheduled to record for the next 24hrs
• Cancel and note any pending recordings
• Write down or take screenshots of all existing timers
• Connect and transfer contents of 622 hard drive to an EHD
• Note TV or other device codes for new remotes

Morning of upgrade
• Check 622 to make sure local drive is empty.
• Remove EHD and store nearby for after-install testing/restore
• Power down and remove 622. Leave only sat-in, audio/video cables, Ethernet cable
• Power down and remove 211. Leave only sat-in, audio/video cables, Ethernet cable
• Remove any extra cabling for 3rd TV location (formerly TV2 for 622) and have sat-in and HDMI cable ready at location
• Ensure clear access to coax patch panel and TV locations for installer
• Wait patiently watching OTA TV via TV’s ATSC tuner

During install and installer demo
• Assist where possible
• Try not to annoy the poor installer with too many questions
• Connect EHD and test

Post-install tasks (Not installer’s responsibility)
• Restore programs from EHD to Hopper
• Rebuild Timer list and look for rebroadcasts of any canceled recordings
• Test Harmony remotes and adjust as needed

Remote codes won't be necessary as the hopper programs remotes through the GUI. And your harmony should not need to be reprogrammed as all dish remotes have used the same ir commands.

might want to check that the color buttons work on harmony remotes... they do have functionality on 922/hopper/joey. Especially the red and green- red shows what each tuner is doing, green is quick channel menu

might want to check that the color buttons work on harmony remotes... they do have functionality on 922/hopper/joey. Especially the red and green- red shows what each tuner is doing, green is quick channel menu

You can assign buttons in the "window" in Harmonies. Can even label them RED, etc. And if the command isn't in their database, you can "learn" from the actual remote. Couldn't be easier. That's why I got sold on Harmony.

navychop said:
You can assign buttons in the "window" in Harmonies. Can even label them RED, etc. And if the command isn't in their database, you can "learn" from the actual remote. Couldn't be easier. That's why I got sold on Harmony.

Here's my problem with trying to "teach" the Harmony the color buttons. The 922 is UHF and won't sent the commands and even though Harmony has the commands in their database, they are not the correct ones. I have had zero luck getting them to work. Only two of the four work and I honestly don't remember which ones they are. The other two only send page up and page down commands.

All the standard colored button codes work fine on hopper, even the infamous yellow that doesn't work on the 922. I can post the pronto hex if you need it. Just let me know which address you want. You can add pronto hex to harmony using the procedure in my harmony tips stick at AVS Forum, but you should need to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts