My VIP211 is Now a DVR

sdmrt29

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 14, 2005
After all the talk and promise and waiting, it's here. I picked up an external hard drive, checked to be sure I had the correct software version for my VIP211, plugged it in, made a phone call, bit the bullet for yet another USB activation fee (previously paid for my 622), did a hard re-boot, waited a couple of minutes, walked through the series of install messages, and magically the transformation is complete. It all works. Pause, reverse, forward, jump back, jump forward, record, playback, everything my 622 does. The process could not be easier, and the tech on the phone with me could not have been nicer. Thanks Jamison!

This is very kool everyone. This site has been terrific in providing the information, the whats, and the hows, to getting the most out of my home entertainment equipment.

The new EHD I picked up is a Western Digital My Book Essential 750 GB. It's my third (the other two are on a 622 and a 722). They've performed flawlessly for me since day one of the USB capability last year. Why not stick with a proven product.

I haven't seen any posted threads for feedback on the new capability so I'm putting this one out there and watch for other comments.

Madison, WI Local Channels / HD ?

Customer Service Run Around

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)