My XBox 360 is dead.

Sapient

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 14, 2004
:(

After half an hour of no advice from phone support, I was told to send it in. The guy said it will take 10 business days to fix plus 5 business days to ship it back, so I should have it again in two weeks. I guess I need to bush up on my math. To me, that adds up to three weeks plus the time it takes me to send it in to them.

This is the first console I've owned, as I never thought I would use it much. Now I don't know what I will do without it. My poor Oblivion mage will be just sitting there in his tower. My pinatas will have no one to take care of them. My son will spend time with his family. Ok, that last one is a good thing.

The refurb I got back a week ago (w/ a July '06 manufacture date) is definitely quieter than my original (which had a Sept. '06 manufacture date)--go figure.

We'll see if this one holds up...the first 360 only made it through 7 wks of mild play. Fingers crossed I'm not a 'repeat' customer of the warranty service center....

Oh, and BTW, it was also a full 3 weeks turnaround.

Last edited:
I received mine yesterday, my first call was on DEc 28, and waited for the Box to send it back, after over a month and 6 replacement box orders cancelled they told me that I live out of the COnt US so I have to ship it. Well I sent it Saturday Feb 10 via USPS Priority and got it back yesterday afternoon. So leaving the misundertanding behing I think that my replacement process was fast.

Just a quick note, I sent and adult owned cosmetically perfect unit, and I received one scratched on the top, even dirty, I just hope that the motherboard and the internal components are new. My friend got a NEW unit back in Dec 06. Well it is working pretty good, I spent a couple of hours playing GOW last night.

Good to hear you are back playing Tom.
Actually I was using my son's 360:D , he's groung because of poor grades..

Having two 360s give me the time to play when I want. Also we both play online and my internet connection allows it, so now we can play GOW together, he finally realized that he's resposible for his own future, he's on 10th Grade so his grade Do count for College, so as soon as his grades getter better, he will be getting his priviledges back.:cool:

:(

After half an hour of no advice from phone support, I was told to send it in. The guy said it will take 10 business days to fix plus 5 business days to ship it back, so I should have it again in two weeks. I guess I need to bush up on my math. To me, that adds up to three weeks plus the time it takes me to send it in to them.

Got the call from UPS that it is coming back home tomorrow. That is 2 weeks on the nose. Of course, no one will be here to accept delivery, so it may take a little longer to get playing again.

In case there was any doubt, I can now certify that I really am the dumbest person every to walk the face of this earth. I went to put my Oblivion disk into my replacement 360, only to realize I left it in the drive of my old 360, now somewhere in the repair line in Texas. Sheesh, what an idiot.

replacement was the same box i sent, but it much quieter than unfixed version. Nearly as quiet as new one i just returned to CC...(ty CC for the 30 day return policy)
played for hours last night and not one hiccup. I guess they replaced the optical drive and this one no longer grinds and churns.
Hopefully #4 is the charm:rolleyes:

so I got back the 4th one and it not only still locks up, but, now it also randomly kicks me off Xbox live. Called 4my xbox and they escalated it to a "RRST" or something team and where suppose to call my between 5pm and 7pm last night...guess what no call. Going on 5th 360 now and to say I am disappointed is an understatement.
Ridiculous a company can do busniess like they do. First 3 were all next day air...last one was 3-4 day ground and took weeks to get back same broken box.

Microsoft.....
mad0055.gif

still waiting to get the replacement 5th box back. They have had my old one since last week and yet no new replacement has shipped though they see it has been approved. Five frick'n boxes,:(

still waiting to get the replacement 5th box back. They have had my old one since last week and yet no new replacement has shipped though they see it has been approved. Five frick'n boxes,:(

What keeps going wrong with yours?

My first and only so far has the three rings so 360 is dead! I will probaly wait for the elite but sure make a guy mad they can not give you a GOOD working unit!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)