Red Dead Redemption 2

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

KE4EST

SatelliteGuys Is My Second Home
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 9, 2004
EM75xb
So has anyone on here besides me pre-ordered this game?

Looks like it will be some good eye candy for console fans.

Yeah, mine is supposed to be here next week also, so a few more days.

My son has this game. 120 gig install!! This thing has too much detail! Like we need to see the horse's testicles shrivel in the cold. ;)

Yes, the detail is amazing for a console game. Yep, that is one of the details I would not had worried about had I been in charge. :D

Got my copy, my god that thing took forever to install. And of course it didn't let me know when I needed to switch to disc 2, so it probably sat for a while doing nothing.

Only played for about 10 minutes or so, as I was busy dealing with new phones.

On the brightness setting screen, did anyone actually get the rockstar logo to show up in the square? I pumped it all the way up and it was still just a big square block with nothing in it.

What display do you have? 4K? HDR?

I can't remember but you can in settings at anytime and change it, so I will look later if I don't forget.
I have a couple of hours in and really like this game. I am not one of those die hard gamers that play every game and such. I only play a handful here and there before bed some times.
This one has kept my attention! The picture quality is better than the hype and the detail on everything....well not sure if I like it get or not. I love the idea of having to make sure I eat and take a bath and have even said it would be cool on a game. I don't think it is going to be to intrusive. Have not looked at horse balls yet, but did notice that poop on this game.

What display do you have? 4K? HDR?
Just a standard 1080p. Nothing special.
I can't remember but you can in settings at anytime and change it, so I will look later if I don't forget.
Yeah, I updated that setting after the game game me control.

*edit* just did a search, evidently I'm not the only one who can't see a logo.
No R* Logo on brightness adjustment screen...
Brightness calibration issue - Red Dead Redemption 2 Message Board for PlayStation 4 - GameFAQs

I didn't research yet, but I didn't see one either on a 4K display at max brightness. I also notice it does not ask about that either any more. Mine I think updated to 1.02 or 1.03.
Maybe one of those updates stopped asking.

Saw a tip on a website to change the RGB setting from Full to Limited. Mine was at Auto, but I changed it to Limited, and the logo appeared. Beyond that I don't see any differences.

After reading reviews and comments from numerous people playing this game I decided I couldn't wait any more. I purchased it online this morning so it could download at home. Found out I don't have enough space. I do have an extra HDD at home somewhere that I use to use for a 211 receiver. I'm hoping I can hook that up and format it to use for extra space. If not, then I'll have to delete some other games and old saves.

Yes, it is the largest game install I have had on PS4, but worth it. I like it more and more, the more I play it. The subtle little things that you would not even think about, they have added to this game.

I played the game a decent amount over the weekend and I loved it. I find myself thinking about what I want to do next while I'm not playing. Can't wait to find time to play it again.

Hadn't played any beyond just installing and checking it out. Trying to wrap up the game in currently in the middle of first. After I'm done with it, then I'll move on to Red Dead Redemption 2.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)