Red Dead Redemption 2 Coming Spring 2018

king3pj

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jun 7, 2009
Michigan
I know there was already a thread discussing this game but I was unable to find it after a couple searches. Rockstar released a new trailer for Red Dead Redemption 2 today. It's coming to PS4 and Xbox One in Spring 2018.

There still hasn't been any official confirmation that the game will be coming to PC even though most people think it will at some point. I would like to play this game on PC but even if they officially announced that it was coming 6 months after the console version right now I would have a hard time waiting. With no official confirmation that a PC version will ever come I'm definitely not going to wait. Looks like I'll be playing Red Dead 2 on my PS4 Pro.

With no official confirmation that a PC version will ever come I'm definitely not going to wait. Looks like I'll be playing Red Dead 2 on my PS4 Pro.
I'm willing to bet a year's worth of mortgage payments that a PC version is coming. After the amazing success of GTA V on PC, Rockstar knows they'd be leaving money on the table if they didn't release it. There's DEFINITELY going to be an online component which will just be continually pumping money like GTA V does (assuming they don't completely screw it up, which I don't think they will.)

They haven't announced a PC version likely because they don't have a solid date for it yet and they don't want people like you to hold out for a PC version and instead buy it for console, and then hopefully buy it AGAIN once the PC version comes out.

GTA V on PC came out 18 months after the original console release (and a few months after the modern console re-release.) And IV came out 8 months later on PC. I know we never got a PC release of RDR but now that Take 2 has discovered the great world of microtransactions, at this point not releasing on PC doesn't make good business sense, and for better or worse in this day and age, business drives everything.

Don't get me wrong, I'll be trying it out on console as well via Gamefly, just so I can TRY it, but if I really get into it I'll likely send it back and then wait for the PC version which will have superior graphics/frame rate as well as mod support (assuming Take 2 doesn't f*ck that up again)

I'm almost positive RDR2 will be coming to PC at some point too. This is the same game they played with GTA V. When that game came out on 360/PS3 just a month or two before the PS4/Xbox One consoles launched they refused to admit that there would be a next gen version coming. I bet that people buying 2-3 copies of GTA V on different platforms was a big part of the 70 million copies that game has sold, not that it wouldn't have been a monster without that boost.

You are exactly right about why they wouldn't announce the PS4/Xbox One/PC versions of GTA V or the PC version of RDR 2. They want record sales numbers on day one so they can sell even more copies when every gaming publication does their articles about how well the game is selling. They don't want people waiting for another version of the game to come out.

I have been waiting for this one for a long time. This will be one I will pre-order for the PS4 Pro.