MyDish Login Credentials

Did you try and change it because someone tried to access your account, and you got an email about resetting it?
It happened to me earlier this evening. And, when I contacted DIRT about it, they said it was the 2nd such complaint she got today.
Most people would probably just call the number in the email, or ignore. So, it might be a bit of an epidemic right now. (Or, it may just be two people.)

I wonder how many satguys members were victims of attempted hacks into their MyDish accounts today, or recently?
You'd think the perps would know that when you request a new PW, it sends an email to the registered email address.

How can you tell a real email request from that of a spammer email request that takes you to a false link where you enter your password and give the spammer access to you account. I never click on a furnished link. I always delete the email and go to the site directly.

How can you tell a real email request from that of a spammer email request that takes you to a false link where you enter your password and give the spammer access to you account. I never click on a furnished link. I always delete the email and go to the site directly.
It's easy to tell, as most email apps and webmail sites will display the URL if you hover over the link. But, going directly to the site directly from your bookmarked link or typed URL is obviously the safest.

However, these password-reset emails are genuine, and from Dish. But, that's still bad, as it means somebody tried to access our MyDish accounts with our usernames.

Did you try and change it because someone tried to access your account, and you got an email about resetting it?
It happened to me earlier this evening. And, when I contacted DIRT about it, they said it was the 2nd such complaint she got today.
Most people would probably just call the number in the email, or ignore. So, it might be a bit of an epidemic right now. (Or, it may just be two people.)
I was the other person that got the email. I did go into my account via bookmark and change my user name as a precaution.

I still cannot get over the fact that Dish doesn't allow special characters for passwords. Pretty irresponsible if you ask me.
Do you really think it makes a difference as to how secure you can make your password? The fact that it is case-sensitive means you can come up with a very unique and extremely secure password with a combination of upper and lower case letters plus numbers.

Do you really think it makes a difference as to how secure you can make your password? The fact that it is case-sensitive means you can come up with a very unique and extremely secure password with a combination of upper and lower case letters plus numbers.

As an IT professional, we'll agree do disagree. :)

As a computer security student I agree with redelephant. Let me know when someone actually tries to back your account and all you have is upper and lowercase letters with a number. Aw3sOm3 isn't really an awesome password. @w3$0m3 on the other hand is a lot more secure. Just to short

As a computer security student I agree with redelephant. Let me know when someone actually tries to back your account and all you have is upper and lowercase letters with a number. Aw3sOm3 isn't really an awesome password. @w3$0m3 on the other hand is a lot more secure. Just to short
I'm sure that evil forces are out there right now with awesome computer firepower trying to hack my satellite TV account password - such awesome firepower that my upper and lower case letters plus numbers password will be brushed aside like a steam locomotive brushing aside a cow with its mighty cow catcher. If only I had special characters to save that cow.

Any half-assed O/S will not allow access after a very few wrong/random guesses, even if the hacker eventually gets it right!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts