All American Direct/MyDistantLocals

sca

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 27, 2009
cookieland!
Does All American Direct still exist, and if so can anyone get it? I will be honest, I just want it to watch football from other markets. I have seen a lot of people who use it for just this reason, but it has been a long time since I have seen anyone with it? Can I get it? And, as a Dish Employee, will Dish allow me to have it?

AAD still exists. Dish has nothing to do with it.

As to getting it, I know as an RVer I can get it. I am not sure about home usuage.

SD only, San Francisco and/or NYC. You give them an address they then check to see if you are eligible to receive any of the networks. Then you give them the receiver and card numbers of your Dish receiver(s).

I think when you talk about RV's it just confusing what the poster wants. Very different and requires different documentation. Another thing, having locals from Dish has no bearing on getting them from AAD. To get distant markets you have to be in an area that does not get locals via an antenna. You can get a good idea by going to a site like Tvfool.com and see what you are predicted to get. It may not be the exact same results AAD gets when they input your address but it will be close.

If you can read between the lines......... Whatever address you give AAD will be the one they check. You can give them what your mailing address is separately. They have no connection to Dish other than broadcasting from their satellites.

I think when you talk about RV's it just confusing what the poster wants. Very different and requires different documentation. Another thing, having locals from Dish has no bearing on getting them from AAD. To get distant markets you have to be in an area that does not get locals via an antenna. You can get a good idea by going to a site like Tvfool.com and see what you are predicted to get. It may not be the exact same results AAD gets when they input your address but it will be close.

If you can read between the lines......... Whatever address you give AAD will be the one they check. You can give them what your mailing address is separately. They have no connection to Dish other than broadcasting from their satellites.

great answer! i cant get broadcast locals here.

there is no 'do i qualify' or zip code on aad. tvfool says i can get about 50 channels which is absolute crap. i can't get one.

One more caveat with DNS from All-American Direct: The programming is broadcast on sat 119, so if your just set up for the Eastern Arc sats, it won't work.

As I get distant networks, let me further qualify what lets you get them besides the RV thing. I had to get waivers for all my local TV stations stating I could not receive their station's signal where I live. It wasn't simple and took me several months of "wrangling" with a couple of the stations. I truly can't receive local stations. Hope that helps.

Just saying you can't get your locals is not always what will work.

My 2 cents.

AAD tells me they are rebuilding their site and will have all the features back in a few days.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)