Mydisntantnetworks is back/SD

Dish doesn't need to clean anything up. They don't offer distants, haven't for several years. It's that simple.

Not true. Dish has offered distants for about a year, primarily in short markets since the injunction was lifted. And Dish's customers are affected by the loss of HD distants, so Dish should clean it up.

Last edited:
I thought the injunction was very recently lifted, certainly not a year ago. Second, they have not offered distants since the inception of AAD. They have been very clear that they do not. If I understand correctly, they may now being using SD - not HD neighboring or very close DMA's to fill in short markets. If they offered distants then RV's and truckers would have distant networks from Dish, they do not. And if Dish did offer distants, as a percentage, virtually no subscribers could get them anyway, other than the RV's and truckers.......

I certainly think something will happen now that AAD only offers SD, but I don't think dish need to clear anything up. It is entirely possible this took them by surprise and really had no plan, again because they don't offer any distants and have had no avenue to offer them.

I thought the injunction was very recently lifted, certainly not a year ago. Second, they have not offered distants since the inception of AAD. They have been very clear that they do not. If I understand correctly, they may now being using SD - not HD neighboring or very close DMA's to fill in short markets. If they offered distants then RV's and truckers would have distant networks from Dish, they do not. And if Dish did offer distants, as a percentage, virtually no subscribers could get them anyway, other than the RV's and truckers.......

I certainly think something will happen now that AAD only offers SD, but I don't think dish need to clear anything up. It is entirely possible this took them by surprise and really had no plan, again because they don't offer any distants and have had no avenue to offer them.

May 2010 , not quite a year but enough time

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts