mythtv and rotor

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

tritron

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 14, 2009
Denver, co
I had setup motorized dish and I have viewsat that is setup for 101 W and 97W so far. My router has stored positions for both sats. Now I want to add fta to my mythtv box that I just build. I wonder what I should type in in the option that let you select positions.

this should be in the pci dvb section but.... you would need to set the rotor options under the lnb/diseqc settings dialog. simply add the rotor / switches and lnbs in the same order they are cabled. the rotor option will provide the positions to save each source under.

crackt out,.

When under cards i setup my card i select go to position, I see option to setup positions but they are blank. What do I put to setup each position so it can be selected under input setup ?

ok first set up your card. then select diseqc. at some point you need to add a rotor to your diseqc config. it sounds like you have gotten this far. so once you add a rotor it displays the rotor config dialog. you need to select diseqc 1.2 or diseqc 1.3(USALS) for diseqc 1.3 enter you site location and config is done(i think). if your using diseqc 1.2, you will then need to select the positions button. highlight a position you would like to configure and hit enter. this brings up a popup. highlight the text input area under orbital position and hit enter. then input the orbital location using the popup keyboard and select ok. then when adding a source you should be able to assign it an orbital / 1.2 position. if you need further elaboration on usals ill have to test further becuz i dont use it.

crackt out,.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)