N.Y. METS R.I.P. (Part 2)

ScoBuck

'Just Chillin'
Supporting Founder
Jul 11, 2006
Long Island, NY
Nope Visitor.

I am a die-hard Yankee fan. I also like to see the Mets do well. Not all NY fans root AGAINST the other team.

I am disappointed that there is no NY representative in the playoffs. I do believe that the Mets CHOKED pretty bad again this year.

I am also disappointed that the Yankees are not in the playoffs, but the RedSox were clearly the favorites in the East - and the Yankees entered the season taking a chance that their YOUNG pitchers would all be good this year. I in no way would say the Yankees choked this year, they clearly didn't have the horses to make it.

Mets82

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 5, 2008
conn.
I've tried to stay out of posting on this topic because ScoBuck and Visitor are having a heated discussion about this and quite frankly your back and forth intimidates me because it's so passionate.

For Visitor, you and I are both Mets fans but they did blow it. I mean the Yankees not being there has to be disappointing because they are there every year so this has to be disapointing. Thinking about it, I wouldn't say the Yankees choked because they were not in a position to choke. I mean the Diamondbacks were coasting in April, did they choke? I think to choke, there has to be a certain time limit for it to start. Let's say, Sept.1. From Sept.1 on if you blow a wildcard or division lead, your a choker which the Mets are. I don't think it was as bad as last year but the bottom line is, is that we don't have a game tomorrow or Wed. or Thurs.
I don't know if it was ScoBuck or someone who said we deserved it because of the Mets treatment of Willie. I agree that how they fired Willie was wrong but the Mets team and fans didn't deserve it. I, for one, didn't want to see Willie fired but I think the Mets fans, casual fans and even the front office agree and have agreed that how they fired Willie was wrong.
The season has ended and congrats to the Phillies and Brewers for making the playoffs but I think you'll understand if I don't watch that series or root for either one of those teams in the playoffs and/or World Series.

NotMe546

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 4, 2008
The Met's are talking about walk on tryouts next year. The Met's organization was quoted in saying "We couldn't do any worse". LOL :D

NotMe546

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 4, 2008
Q. How many Mets does it take to do the laundry?

A. It only takes one to wash. But 25 to fold.:D

NotMe546

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 4, 2008
Did you hear about the Mets jerseys at Wal-Mart?

They were recalled because they were a choking hazard.:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)