NA Satellite list for WS 6906

Status
Please reply by conversation.

schlever

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
Regina, SK
Just got my new meter in the mail today, but it doesn't have NA satellites programed. Does anyone have a list that they could post or send me for it?

Thanks!

Hello, I live in the Arctic with no satellite technicians. I am trying to hit Anik F2 but it is not an option on my WS-6906. Does anyone know how I can add this correctly? Thanks.

Hello, I live in the Arctic with no satellite technicians. I am trying to hit Anik F2 but it is not an option on my WS-6906. Does anyone know how I can add this correctly? Thanks.
Hi enookman and welcome to Satellite Guys!:) If you need a manual for the WS-6906, here is a link for it: http://www.dreamboxeshop.co.uk/satellite-finder/WS-6906-en.pdf It appears that the WS-6906 supports DVB only, so it will not receive DVB-S2. We can help you better if we know a few things first. What equipment do you have (ku or c band dish and it's size, model of your lnb)? Which channel(s) or service do you want to get? Also, have you checked the footprint of Anik F2 to verify you are able to receive it at your location?

Reactions: enookman
Hey there, thanks for the reply. I am actually trying to hook up Xplornet Internet. I am familiar with satellite TV dishes and LNB's but this satellite internet style dish is a different animal altogether. I have the manual but do not find the instructions very clear at all. I am wihin the footprint of Anik F2 and verified with Xplornet that this is indeed the dish I need to hit.

Check out google earth where I live: My postal code is X0C0A0

I downloaded the manual and looked at it myself - it's not exactly a wealth of information. It looks like the unit is DVB only (Linear, H/V polarity) and doesn't support DVBS2. I believe those internet signals are DVB but KA band (circular, L polarity). You should be able to receive them at your location and there are meters out there that will show lock for the internet signals on that sat (Superbuddy 29, Birdog Ultra, others) but I honestly don't think the WS6906 is even capable. What type of lnb mount is on the dish. I say that because I read a thread where someone actually swapped the LNB that was on the dish with one made for FTA channel reception. You might be able to sub a FTA lnb, tweak the dish for Anik F2 to lock the FTA channels (City TV, Saskatchewan Legislative Assembly), then swap back to the internet lnb (those tv channels are DVBS2 though so that adds another issue with the WS6906 as it can't receive DVBS2). Your best bet would probably be to upgrade to a better meter or borrow one from someone, if you can. Since this is an older thread, you could also start a new thread titled with something like "Help With Wildblue/Xplorenet Internet Install - Canada". That will give you new exposure and a dedicated thread for the subject.

Last edited:
Reactions: enookman
I have the WS6906 myself. No, it does NOT pick up the DVBS2. But, i use it to fine tune my dish and it does a great job. Add the strongest transponder to the list of transponders on the ws6906. Then peak off that. You can ALSO use it as a mini TV. I took my HD receiver outside and plugged the RCA video out into the AVIN plug on the left side of the WS6906. That way, you can scan in any DVBS2 and view it right there at the dish.

Ps. You do need that special cable that converts the 3 RCA video/l/r into a phono plug.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)