Name all your streaming devices...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

edisonprime

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
Here are a couple rules. First list your dedicated streaming devices, then list your devices that have streaming supported on them (such as a smart TV or DVR), whether you use the feature or not (if you want to mention the year of the model, go right ahead). I'm not going to type the year's models on mine since I'm laying down and I don't want to get up and look it up.

Anyways...

Dedicated devices....

Roku Ultra
Amazon Fire TV Cube
Apple TV 64 GB
TiVo Stream 4K

Other devices...

Sony 65 inch 4K HDR/Active 3D TV
Region Free Sony 4K HDR/3D UBP-X800 Blu-ray player
TiVo Bolt 1 TB

Roku Ultra for the Living Room and Outdoor Theater ( which I just rebuilt after the Hurricane here in Florida).
TCL 6-Series Roku TVs in the other Rooms that never get used.

But I just hooked back up the Nvidia Shield on my Sony in the Living Room, the picture is so much better on it for 1080P programming up-converted.

Reactions: edisonprime
Lets see... I am sure we will forget some..

Sony 65 inch X90J (Android TV)
TCL 65 inch Series 6 (Roku)
NVIDIA Shield
Xbox One Series X
Air TV
Air TV Mini
Roku (Various models)
Apple TV (Various models)
Fire TV (Various Models)
Hopper Plus
Joey 4's (Wired and Wireless)

I primarily use the apps on my 2 year old Sony TV.

Also:

Apple TV 4K
Firetv stick 4K for away from home
The X1 and UHD Blu-ray player have apps but I don’t normally use them.

Dedicated Streaming Devices:

3 AppleTV 4K Gen 2
1 AppleTV 4K Gen 1

Other devices (Actually powered on and not in a storage bin):

Sony XBR65X950H
Sony XBR70X850B (not connected to network)
Sony KDL50W800B (not connected to network)

I also have these in storage:

2018 Roku Ultra
3x Firestick 4K (2018?)
1x Firestick Gen 2

Nobody mentioned a smart speaker. I have over 10 Echoes of various flavors. I have 5 FireTV Sticks (most 4K of course), and one forelorn Roku Express which I bought for my wife before she relented and told me I could buy another RokuTV.

Works without streaming (but we use the streaming too)
2 Roku 4KTV's
Hopper 3

Devices that can stream

75 in LG 4k
65in LG 4k
50in LG 4k
75in Sony 4k
2 - Tivo Stream 4k
3 - 4k Fire Stick
1 - 4k Max Fire Stick
1 - Roku 4K streaming stick
1 - ONN 4K
1 - HTPC running media server

Devices with some streaming

3 - Tivo Roamio's
2 - Tivo Bolts
5 - Tivo Minis

Also have
3 - Echo Dots
1 - Echo 8
2 - 7in Google Home Hubs

I like to have new things to try out, probably like most here. I would have had more to list, but most of what was mine in the Vegas home, I told my dad to give to my stepsister when the home was sold, as neither he nor I wanted to move a bunch of stuff back and figure out what to do with it here, so she basically got an entire new home upgrade.

The 4k ONN box is my main streaming device on the 75in LG. The 2 Tivo Stream 4K's are the other streaming devices I use daily/weekly. One on the 65in in the bedroom and one on the 55in dumb tv in my office. The 4K Max Fire stick is at the lake house on the other 75in for my mom to use. One 4k fire stick is on the 50in dumb tv on my patio. The rest are pretty much just spares or stuff I should sell (Tivos). My dad had a really good retirement and liked to have new toys, so I benefited with a lot of hand me downs, which I then would pass on to my sisters when I would get upgrades. I then inherited a lot of extras when my dad passed a few months ago. I set up my stepmom with a nice single system with the few things she knew how to use, so she didnt have to learn new things, which is hard for her now and the rest I gave to my sisters, nephews or went into my extra bedroom/storage room.

Roku Ultra (hardwired) in living room
Roku Ultra (hardwired) in bedroom
Roku Ultra (hardwired) on 2nd TV in living room to stream more college football
Ipad (use to stream my local high school games to the Roku. Only way to see it on my TV)

Tivo Roamio (yup...hardwired) but don't use that for streaming

Everything in my apartment except for the iPad is hard wired due to everyone in the complex having the same internet provider (its included in the rent) so wireless is horrible (we have our own modems in each apartment). Got a 5.0Ghz extender for the iPad and my cell phone but it was just easier to hard wire everything (including the extender) :)

Last edited:
Not including mobile devices...

Living room:
Apple TV (just bought an hour ago)
Roku Ultra 2020
4K FireTV Max
Cromecast w Goggle TV

PS3
PS4
LG Smart TV

Bedroom:
4K FireTV Stick
Roku Ultra 2016
Cromecast w Goggle TV

10yo Sony blu-ray player (not sure if apps still work)

Dedicated Devices:
4K Fire TV stick( rarely used)
An older FIre TV stick (not sure if I know where it is)

Devices with streaming built-in:
Sony 65" XBR950G
Blue Ray player
Sony PS5

Let see what I have. I have three Fire Tvs: 55" in my living room , a 50" in my office and a 43" in my master bed room. I have an old 3d Toshiba in my boys room and we have the fire stick on that tv to provide streaming. I also have a Roku left over that I have hooked to one of my inputs on my Tv in the office . I also have a TABLO ota dvr and a Air tv Anywhere ota dvr. I have two blu-ray players and both have streaming apps, but I rarely ever use them now that I am streaming my content. I also have two Yamaha AVRS ,one in the living room with 5 speakers and one in my master bedroom with 5 smaller speakers . So dolby digital in both the living room and the master bedroom. I have spent a pretty penny over the years buying all my satellite equipment in the past and still have my Hopper 3 hooked up to the dish so I can use it for ota recordings if I want, even though I no longer subscribe to DISH.

3 Apple TV 4Ks; 2nd gen - all hard wired

1 firestick 4K - spare
3 firestick (recent) - spare
TCL Roku TV’s (65” hard wired (pool deck) the other in the master - not connected.

Both TVs are trash as are all the fire sticks. Why anyone would use anything other than a Apple TV 4K is beyond me.

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
I own but do not necessary use all of the devices listed below. I am listing what I use first which are the Dish Hopper Plus/Joey 4s and Apple TV 4Ks.

Hopper Plus/Joey 4s (1/4)
Apple TV 4K (4)

Below I own (at least one and multiples of some) and either use occasionally or not at all any longer:
Fire TV Stick 4K Plus
Fire TV Stick 4K
Roku Ultra
Roku Stick 4K
Roku Stick
Roku 3
Chromecast with Google TV
Chromecast
nVidia Shield
LG Smart TV
Fire TV
Samsung Smart TV Tizen
Sony TV Android
Plex Server

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 8)

Latest posts