Name Based Recording Discussion (L232 Software)

I just got L232 last night/this morning. Interesting, their versions page still just mentions L231 and L208. The first thing I did with my new version was set the guide channel order to 'normal' (where the channel numbers ascend downward, not upward).
Shadowtester said:
I also noticed last night in the diagnostic screen we have a couple of new counters one is the highest temp for the hard drive another is the lowest temp for the hard drive and one for the average temp for the hard drive. I noticed my hard drive got pretty warm some time highest temp was 122 however the average was 39 my guess those temps must be in C and not F because I am sure my living room has not been 39 F
I saw those extra counters. My HDD high was also 122. My low was 32 (I think) and my average was 33 or 34. But I am pretty sure those values showed degrees Fahrenheit as the unit... but I agree, my house, not to mention my home theater equipment area, has not been 32° F as long as I've lived there... :)

There are also two interesting caller ID counters:
Caller ID Successes
CID Current Failures

And some other acronymic counters of things I haven't yet looked up (can't remember them but they were like PLM and SMS).

Finally, there was this "911 Counter" thing that fortunately had a value of zero. :D

I got 232 overnight too. Guys that didn't get it be patient because I'm usually one of the first to get new updates and this one took me almost a week to get.

I had temporarily changed my updates time last night around 8, hoping it would come up with the update. Nothing. Then at about 9 I unplugged my 522 for a few minutes to try to force it. Nothing. I woke up at 6AM this morning - and now I have it (L232) :)

I'm all set to have my 522 installed on the 8th of Jan. Will this receiver come with the updated software or will it have to download?

sam6405 said:
I'm all set to have my 522 installed on the 8th of Jan. Will this receiver come with the updated software or will it have to download?
New receivers come with very old software from the factory. By the time yours is installed (Jan 8), this release will be widespread. That means all receivers will be instructed to download it. So, in short, no it will not come with this software but yes it will immediately download and upgrade to it when it is first connected to the satellite feeds. :)

It looks like that if you didn't get L231 you should now look for L232.

Kinda strange for another update so quick. So I guess there was a bug.

But They also pushed an update to my 322 and I'm not sure what was wrong with it.

Wow, ok I have no clue what's going on but my 322 keeps randomly rebooting it self aquiring the satellite and downloading program guides. This thing is freaking out.

Their versions page (here) now lists THREE current software versions for the 522 (as well as the 322, BFG :)). I can see that causing support headaches until 232 goes widespread.

Yup it's very strange. Because m 322 was flipping out and I didn't get the update. There must be bugs somehwere for them to release an update on 12/16 and then release another one so quickly on the 21st

BFG said:
Yup it's very strange. Because m 322 was flipping out and I didn't get the update. There must be bugs somehwere for them to release an update on 12/16 and then release another one so quickly on the 21st

Maybe it was jealous of the 522 update. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)