Name Based Recording Instructions

Yeah I just posted that on the main board! Gald they have that up for folks that are wanting to use it.

Heh, triple response. I just created the official sticky ;)

But I'll let you take it over with a merge.

Hey, guess what I just found!

Nah, I'm not going to post another link. :D

Now if my unit would just download the thing so I could actually use this new feature.

I was confused over an issue and thought I would post it here.

I just recieved my update and decided to test it out... I selected some future show from the guide and selected "All Episodes" thinking that this was the same as the "Dish Pass" feature. What it really does is flag all episodes it finds on that channel and sets up a static timer. Once these run out from what was in the guide at that time, I'm guessing that it will record no more. I just realized after reading the doc posted above that NBR and Dish Pass are two distinct things.

I almost converted all my weekly timers to "All Episodes".. Glad I didn't. :rolleyes:

All episodes must mean those that Dish Pass would not get such as all occurances of that show even in past seasons vs. only new episodes in the current season.

All episodes, if I'm correct records every episode on every channel of a particular show. Dish pass tapes only those on one channel. Or vice versa. I may be wrong though.

I noticed that there's a "new DVR features" video on channel 101 at 3:30CST tomorrow morning. This must be the one the 522 is supposed to automatically download but I scheduled it to record anyway just in case.

I've never gotten any of those ClubDish promos that I thought were an automatic download either.

Well my hard drive is pretty full, I sure would hate for the 522 to delete stuff on me just so it can tell me that which I can figure out or read about on my own...

And I admit, I'm too lazy to go back through each and every important recording and protect them. If indeed it is supposed to automagically download that video, I wonder what happens when I set up two dummy 5-minute recordings to occur at the same time at say 3:35am CST (4:35am EST)...

I found that kind of humorous too! :D

Since they didn't provide us with any tips, I thought we could start our own list. I'll start w/ one I recently read on another thread.

1. Hit the DVR button twice to access the 'Daily Schedule' list.

Steve

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)