Name That Positioner!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

tester239

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 27, 2008
Found this for a buck in a pile of old electronics the other day, and it appears to work.. however, I don't have any information about it, or how it's supposed to be hooked up. Figuring out how to hook the actuator up will be simple, but sensor and skew servo might be a little harder. Bonus: This system is quite old - it uses one of the first EEPROMs made by SEEQ. The newest date I could find on various parts was 1984 week 32. It can take an IR remote, which I don't have. Unit didn't come with a cover, or any branding. Front PCB says "001-4100-012 BD2 Rev. A"

Thanks for any help identifying this!

Attachments

• P4240189.JPG
    P4240189.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 238
  • P4240188.JPG
    P4240188.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 246
  • P4240187.JPG
    P4240187.JPG
    34.7 KB · Views: 223
Well, I just answered my own question.. Dumped the program EPROM and it had a copyright string: "MTI 4100 Remote IR Antenna Drive Copyright 1984, PenTec/MTI By: John C. Aiken"

Time to start google-ing I suppose..

Isn't there a ham radio moon bounce antenna rotator that travels left/ri..ght/up/down? but I don't remember the brand...Could be Yaesu.......

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)