Name This Satellite

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

PopcornNMore

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 20, 2005
Gibsonia, PA
After having my 8' C-Band stationary dish aimed at SES-2 now for the past several years, I decided to re-aim the dish yesterday to Galaxy 19 after reading a post from Chris_R about a new channel that I wanted to receive. The dish has a secondary feed that was receiving Galaxy 3C.

Old Setup: SES-2 (Main), Galaxy 3C (Secondary)

New Setup: SES-2 (Secondary), Galaxy 19 (Main), AMC 18 (Secondary)

After spending the majority of the time cleaning out soil that collected within the sit-n-spin mount during the past several years and loosening the rusted bolts, I moved the dish approx. 10 degrees to receive Galaxy 19.

Oddly enough, once I performed a scan I'm receiving the vertical transponders from Galaxy 19 and the horizontal transponders from Galaxy 16. In a way this is kind of nice and I don't really know if I want to correct the problem since I'm receiving AMG-TV and other channels with a high signal strength from Galaxy 19 AND all the Lesea channels and MeTV, Movies! and FOX 5 Ozarks from Galaxy 16 and FOX 5 from the Ozarks looks fantastic in HD on a larger dish. However, I don't receive the channel Chris_R discovered, since it is horizontal on Galaxy 19.

Anyway, on the secondary feed I'm receiving the following transponders with only 1 channel (ABC) scanning in. I thought perhaps it was AMC 1, but now I'm unsure.

4087 V 19999
3982 V 26659
3916 V 4999
3826 V 21499
3770 V 10369
3742 V 29999
4141 H 29999
3881 H 32999
3761 H 6336
3706 H 2785 SVC_2 Service (KETV 7 ABC)

Update: Today, I'm receiving the new channel that Chris_R posted about as well as the others on that transponder with a 87% signal. Yesterday, these channels were scrambled. I hope they last!

Since I'm receiving all the channels from Galaxy 19 that I wanted to receive as well as the many channels from Galaxy 16, I'm not going to re-adjust the dish. :) Many good channels from these two satellites and every transponder is being received with a signal above 80%.

Today, I'm going to adjust the secondary feed to AMC-18 and then add an additional secondary feed on the other side to receive SES-2.

I think you have your band set to C, when you are receiving Ku. KETV 7 ABC is on Galaxy 28 at 89deg W.
You are showing 3706 H 2785. Take your LO Freq at 5150, subtract 3706 and you get 1444 for IF Freq into receiver.
Take the Ku LO Freq of 10750, add the 1444 IF Freq into receiver, and you get 12194.
If you go to Sathint.com, and search KETV, you will find it at 12194 H 2784, which matches what you receive, if we assume that you have your band set to C, when it should be Ku. So I think that you are on or very close to 89deg W.
Good Luck getting it aimed like you want.

I think you have your band set to C, when you are receiving Ku. KETV 7 ABC is on Galaxy 28 at 89deg W.
You are showing 3706 H 2785. Take your LO Freq at 5150, subtract 3706 and you get 1444 for IF Freq into receiver.
Take the Ku LO Freq of 10750, add the 1444 IF Freq into receiver, and you get 12194.
If you go to Sathint.com, and search KETV, you will find it at 12194 H 2784, which matches what you receive, if we assume that you have your band set to C, when it should be Ku. So I think that you are on or very close to 89deg W.
Good Luck getting it aimed like you want.

This was the problem. :) I had the wrong Diseqc input selected which is attached to my 4' KU dish. :)

Update: Today, I'm receiving the new channel that Chris_R posted about as well as the others on that transponder with a 87% signal. Yesterday, these channels were scrambled. I hope they last!

Since I'm receiving all the channels from Galaxy 19 that I wanted to receive as well as the many channels from Galaxy 16, I'm not going to re-adjust the dish. :) Many good channels from these two satellites and every transponder is being received with a signal above 80%.

Today, I'm going to adjust the secondary feed to AMC-18 and then add an additional secondary feed on the other side to receive SES-2.

Are you talking about buzzr or grit or another channel in that MUX? They show up as scrambled for me but have been unscrambled since they were here.
The only feeds I see regularly scrambled are linked to CBS or ABC during the football season on horizontal.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts