Name your favorite moments of your teams

While a lot of people will post the year's their team won a Championship, I'm going to be more creative. And besides, only my Buckeyes have won a Championship in my lifetime. ;)

Buckeyes Football: November 18, 2006. #1 Ohio State vs. #2 Michigan. Winner goes onto the National Title Game. Buckeyes win 42-39 in front of the home crowd. It was dubbed "The Game of the Century" for a reason. I don't think I'll ever see the same stakes in this annual rivalry game.

Cavaliers: 2007 Game 5 of the Eastern Conference Finals in the Palace of Auburn Hills. Up until this series, the Pistons have dominated the Central Division for over a decade. This game represented a changing of guards and was the official coming out party for LeBron James. The game went to double overtime. Even though it was clearly evident Detroit was the more talent filled team, LeBron would not let his team lose that night. James scored 25 points in the final 12½ minutes ... and those were Cleveland's last 25 points of the game! He finished with 48 points, 9 rebounds and 7 assists. The Cavs beat the Pistons, 109-107. This game by LeBron is still talked about as one of the most dominating performances in playoff history.

Indians: August 5, 2001. Indians vs. Mariners. Seattle bolted to 12-0 and 14-2 leads, seemingly in complete control after 6 1/2 innings. The Mariners needed just 12 outs and had a 12 run cushion to get the win. It didn't happen. History did happen. Cleveland won 15-14 in 11 innings and completed one of the greatest comebacks in baseball history. All but two of the Indians' runs came from the seventh inning on.

Browns: Ugh. Honestly, I don't remember a "best moment" for the Browns in my lifetime. Throughout my entire existence, the Browns have filled my memory with disappointment and letdown. Red Right 88, The Fumble, The Drive, The Move. It has been very tough as a fan. Hopefully the chapter is yet to be written on the moment I will feel worthy of noting, but for now, the story will live on.

2. September 21, 2001:
Entering Shea there was an awkward and almost eery feeling that night. Ten days before we were under attack and even on this evening, no one knew if we were safe or not. Baseball became something greater that night for me; it became my solace, my healer, my counselor, even though as planes roared overhead, I twinged a little. As the game progressed and we as fans felt closer than ever, we shifted our focus, if just for those brief 3 hours, from our attackers to our arch nemesis, the Atlanta Braves. Entering the 8th, it was inevitable that the Mets would not let us down nor their city. Mike Piazza launched a shot deep into the Center Field night that not only would win the game for us but also be a fitting tribute to those who gave their lives that unforgettable morning ten days earlier.

I'm a Yankee fan and I just got a chill reading that. Thank you!

Sandra

Buckeyes Football: November 18, 2006. #1 Ohio State vs. #2 Michigan. Winner goes onto the National Title Game. Buckeyes win 42-39 in front of the home crowd. It was dubbed "The Game of the Century" for a reason. I don't think I'll ever see the same stakes in this annual rivalry game.

On top of the stakes, the ebb and flow of that game was simply amazing. So many times we thought we had it won, then we thought we had it lost. I remember laying there after those four hours, wondering if giving birth will be quite as difficult...:D

Sandra

Thanks Sandra . . . will always be as if it was yesterday!

We went to a Giant game that October (not far from Newark airport), and every time a plane went over people just stopped for a second and looked up. It was tense.

Sandra

We went to a Giant game that October (not far from Newark airport), and every time a plane went over people just stopped for a second and looked up. It was tense.

Sandra

I remember that most people in my neighborhood did not sleep a wink for the next few months. Walking around town was scary as most people were having bbq's and such in their front yards just waiting for something to happen. I am still unsure if normalcy every really returned (i.e. look at the scare last year when the plan flew too close)

Raiders: Tons....but to now, the most memorable because I was there LIVE..

1980 AFC divisional playoff game in Cleveland....freezing my a$$ and probably being the ONLY Raider Fan in ALL of Cleveland Stadium...the now infamous "red right 88" game. I had been litterally quiet the entire game because I was DYING to get home, or at least a warm car. The ONLY motion I accomplished was jumping up when Mike Davis intercepted the ball with about 40 seconds left in the game....for a 14-12 win. My buddy and his family are HUGE Browns fans and season ticket holders in Rochester, NY since the late 60s. I said NOTHING the whole ride home with a HUGE sh**, eating grin...while they bitched and moan the whole 5 hour drive.

...This Sunday is the 1st game they invited me to go since then.....LOL!

Sept. 30th, 2007 ....Daunte Culpepper had some bizzare numbers: 5-12 for 75 yards. BUT had 2 passing TD and 3 rushing TDs...the most memorable, was a running TD where he litterally pointed to ME(I was in that corner of the endzone) and pointed to his knee and stating it was "OK"...!! And putting a SERIOUS a$$ whipping to the Dolphins 35-17!

The U: There are SO MANY, but I will only put the two that stood out because I was there!

Sept. 17, 1988. The U goes into a hostile Ann Arbor, over 100,000 seeing #1 down 30-14 with approx. 6 minutes left in the game! Miami rallies with 17 points to win 31-30. I have NEVER, EVER a quiet 100,000+ people in my life! I could litterally hear the folks WAY UP in the nose bleed seats!

Sept. 5th, 1998. The U kill UCLA championship hopes by coming back and beating the Bruins 49-45! Edggerin James rushed 39 times for a school record 299 yards. We had GREAT seat and stormed the field after the game. The were ranked #2 in the country and had a 20 game winning streak. The rushing of the field was something I had never done...until that game. It was amazing....!!

..MORE to come later....too tired and actually going to bed early.

Sept. 30th, 2007 ....Daunte Culpepper had some bizzare numbers: 5-12 for 75 yards. BUT had 2 passing TD and 3 rushing TDs...the most memorable, was a running TD where he litterally pointed to ME(I was in that corner of the endzone) and pointed to his knee and stating it was "OK"...!! And putting a SERIOUS a$$ whipping to the Dolphins 35-17!

77116757.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts