Nasa Fta

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hotwire132002

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 5, 2004
OK, I finally got my old Dish 500 working again--I've got a signal and everything :D ! It's hooked up to a Dish 301 receiver. Now, understand that I can get NASA TV FTA through the Dish. Please note I do NOT want to use a signal illegally, I'm just trying to get a channel that I understand is free. I DO NOT SUPPORT PIRACY!

Anyway, like I said, I have a signal... where do I go from there? When I try to change channels, I get nothing. Any advice?

hotwire132002 said:
OK, I finally got my old Dish 500 working again--I've got a signal and everything :D ! It's hooked up to a Dish 301 receiver. Now, understand that I can get NASA TV FTA through the Dish. Please note I do NOT want to use a signal illegally, I'm just trying to get a channel that I understand is free. I DO NOT SUPPORT PIRACY!

Anyway, like I said, I have a signal... where do I go from there? When I try to change channels, I get nothing. Any advice?

A side note--after running a "Check Switch", clicking "OK" is not an option-- there is no OK button. The buttons listed are "Cancel, Test, Help, and Details". What am I doing wrong?

cancel backs yourself out

So do you want to get NASA on a 301 or a FTA?

If the 301, you didnt need to do a check switch...its on 119 :)

Iceberg said:
cancel backs yourself out

So do you want to get NASA on a 301 or a FTA?

If the 301, you didnt need to do a check switch...its on 119 :)

On the 301. The problem is, I can't pick anything up. I have a signal of ~100, but when I try to change the channel, I just get a black screen (with the time and date...)

do a hard reset...hold down the power button on the unit until it powers off, then release. It should reset everything

Last week I had a 3000, 4000, 5000, and 301 all hooked up to 119 and had NASA, Remote help, and Angel One on all of them (all unsubscribed)

Iceberg said:
do a hard reset...hold down the power button on the unit until it powers off, then release. It should reset everything

Last week I had a 3000, 4000, 5000, and 301 all hooked up to 119 and had NASA, Remote help, and Angel One on all of them (all unsubscribed)

Tried it. Didn't work... :(

Iceberg said:
Try this

take out card
unplug unit and count to 10
plug unit back in and insert card

I think I found the trouble--there was no card in in the first place--

I took it out because I didn't want to accidentally pirate anything!

I'll put it back in and try again.

(I feel so stupid...)

Do your Homer impression

D'OH!

you wont pirate anything as long as you havent done anything illegal to the card :)

Iceberg said:
Do your Homer impression

D'OH!

you wont pirate anything as long as you havent done anything illegal to the card :)

I haven't messed with the card. As soon as I dig it up :rolleyes: , I'll post the results.

Thanks for the help!

Once you put the card in, it should work. If you have it on 119 only, you should get
101 Remote Help
213 NASA
262 AngelOne

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)