NASA on AMC6

Status
Please reply by conversation.

turbosat

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Dec 26, 2006
Oneonta,AL
Whats up with the 4th channel on the nasa mux? I get signal/quality but no video, checked it sev times since the launch Friday. That channel used to have the space station video a lot.

From the NASA website:

Digital NASA TV has four digital channels:

1. NASA Public ("Free to Air"), featuring documentaries, archival programming, and coverage of NASA missions and events;
2. NASA Education ("Free to Air/Addressable"), dedicated to providing educational programming to schools, educational institutions and museums;
3. NASA Media ("Addressable"), for broadcast news organizations; and
4. NASA Mission Operations (Internal Only)

The fourth channel is internal only so I would guess that it is encrypted.

NASA - Digital NASA TV

Maybe they did encrypt it. It had been clear, during the last mission, but it has been a few months since the last one. Too bad, usually had good video and no channel bug on that one.

I checked yesterday, and TSReader showed the fourth channel to be encrypted. But it didn't indicate what type of encryption was being used.

Thanks photoman I guess they decided we didn't need to see that one. My Ultra usually will display what type encryption it is, when I hit a scrambled ch but not on
this one...

I believe I did a blind scan on AMC2 the other day and the missing NASA Channel was there. I believe it was AMC2. It might have been AMC9 but if I remember correctly in was AMC2. It said NASA Mission Control.

Last edited:
I wish I could get AMC6 on my C-band ( too low for the setup) and I cant get it on AMC7 (can get other stuff on that satellite) :(

Thanks I'll scan AMC9, dont even have it stored right now. It sure would be nice to have ku NASA feed, that is not dishnetwork, I wouldnt have to mess with having this sep c-band for amc6!! (my 10footer wont go far enough to hit it without seeing the middle of a cedar tree that I don't want to kill)
edit> Nothing from Nasa on AMC9 tonite, prob was a temp feed during the launch or for a short time after.

Last edited:
Diyguy I know you are trying to be helpful, but be careful when posting transponder information on the board, that could have been a feed. Posting feeds are not allowed on the public forums, that is what could cause them to be encrypted in the future. Luckily it is a transponder that is on LyngSat so you are ok.

Some of the feed satellites have been showing NASA feeds during the space walks, but we can't talk much about them since they are feeds and are only allowed in the private WUT Forum (A few people have access to the WUT Forum, I don't, and I have read that they are not accepting new members.).

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts