Nasa Shuttle Mission Scheduled For D10 Rescue !!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sprintcarcrazy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 18, 2003
NASA WILL LAUNCH A SPACE SHUTTLE (soon) to provice Direct TV customers with 100 plus HD channels. It appears they left a few parts off D10 so it is unable to transmit.

NASA will be sending up a shuttle equipped with a Wal-Mart hdtv antenna and will provide dtv customers with 100 HD channels by 6am Saturday morning. Please plan your parties accordingly !!!!

Reception may be a little spotty as they are balancing the antenna on the robotic arm, Don't sweat it, we got ya covered !!!

Sorry, couldn't resist !!!

NASA WILL LAUNCH A SPACE SHUTTLE (soon) to provice Direct TV customers with 100 plus HD channels. It appears they left a few parts off D10 so it is unable to transmit.

NASA will be sending up a shuttle equipped with a Wal-Mart hdtv antenna and will provide dtv customers with 100 HD channels by 6am Saturday morning. Please plan your parties accordingly !!!!

Reception may be a little spotty as they are balancing the antenna on the robotic arm, Don't sweat it, we got ya covered !!!

Someone bolted on the Color TV antenna and not the HDTV one eh?

Collins said payload weight is the limiting factor for the next space shuttle flight to the station, scheduled for launch no earlier than April 21. The amount of payload a shuttle can carry diminishes as the destination orbit grows. The rule of thumb is about 100 pounds for every mile: Thus, if a payload of 30,000 pounds can be carried to 240 miles, a payload of 33,000 pounds can be carried to 210 miles — a 10 percent bonus. This year and next, that bonus makes all the difference in designing mission (and station) orbits.

Isn't that high enough for a Wal-Mart HDTV Antenna ?

Collins said payload weight is the limiting factor for the next space shuttle flight to the station, scheduled for launch no earlier than April 21. The amount of payload a shuttle can carry diminishes as the destination orbit grows. The rule of thumb is about 100 pounds for every mile: Thus, if a payload of 30,000 pounds can be carried to 240 miles, a payload of 33,000 pounds can be carried to 210 miles — a 10 percent bonus. This year and next, that bonus makes all the difference in designing mission (and station) orbits.

Isn't that high enough for a Wal-Mart HDTV Antenna ?

Anyone older than 35 or so probably owned one of those rabbit ears that the youngest kid in the house actually had to hold to get good reception LOL

I wonder if the reception will improve if they add aluminum foil to the rabbit ears?? It used to for us when I was a kid. ;)

Maybe the reception could be improved with the addition of a rotator and amp? :)

Anyone older than 35 or so probably owned one of those rabbit ears that the youngest kid in the house actually had to hold to get good reception LOL

I wonder if the reception will improve if they add aluminum foil to the rabbit ears?? It used to for us when I was a kid. ;)

Little more to the left, ahh there, ok, OH don't move ! ok try again :):):)

Jimbo

I don't see why not... we didn't go to the moon in the shuttle but the satellites are 22k+ miles and the moon is 220k+ miles.

The shuttle flights go to about 240 miles out, the sats are 22,000!

I can remember not being able to get up to go to the bathroom in the old days.... Not because you were afraid to miss something, but because if you stood up you would cause interference and lose signal! LOL

Who said we went to the moon in the shuttle?

there are some that question wether or not anyone has ever actually gone to the moon?
i have to ask this ! has anyone actually seen this satellite thingy ? if not would the new name for this great, early adopter loving site be satelliteguysalmost.us?

I can remember not being able to get up to go to the bathroom in the old days.... Not because you were afraid to miss something, but because if you stood up you would cause interference and lose signal! LOL

my older brothers made me wear a diaper till i was 15 just so i could hold those damn rabbit ears, and then they would pull that im not sleeping just resting my eyes trick when i would try to sneak away. im beginning to think they were really sleeping, can someone help me out. im having issues LOL

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)