Status
Please reply by conversation.

TRG

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 19, 2007
Albuquerque, NM
Has anyone been successful in pulling in NASA TV on a 6 foot C-Band dish? I've tried several times without success. I know that my chances of receiving the signal would be better on an 8 or 10 foot dish. My question is specifically about a 6 footer. BTW I'm located in central NM. -Thanks.

I get it on a 6ft sadoun in Arkansas. According to the footprint on satstar.net where both in the 40 eirp zone but I am close to the 41 eirp zone and probably get a slightly stronger signal.

It was very spotty for me on a 6 footer.

I get nasa with a quality of 71 and even get nbc with a guality 30-42 on a microhd and 6ft mesh dish with a bsc621 lnbf in wisconsin

No problems here in Rio Rancho with a 6 ft fortec that mostly sits on g16 on a patio mount I get 58 percent on the 6 footer with a dmsi lnbf. I just checked for you. 84 on the 8 footer motorized dish.

No problems here in Rio Rancho with a 6 ft fortec that mostly sits on g16 on a patio mount I get 58 percent on the 6 footer with a dmsi lnbf. I just checked for you. 84 on the 8 footer motorized dish.
Thanks, I'll try it again here in NE Albuquerque.

Thanks for all the replies folks. It turns out that my LNBF was on the blink and finally died completely last night. I'll be picking up a Titanium C2WPLL as soon as Brian gets more stock. Then I'll try for NASA TV again.

Reactions: Bongu
I get it very solid on the Sadoun 6-foot dish and Titanium C1PLL LNBF in central Iowa.

No problem getting it here in Kentucky on 6 footer.

I can get a low Q that microblocks and is non watchable on a 120 offset with conical scale.

Has anyone been successful in pulling in NASA TV on a 6 foot C-Band dish? I've tried several times without success. I know that my chances of receiving the signal would be better on an 8 or 10 foot dish. My question is specifically about a 6 footer. BTW I'm located in central NM. -Thanks.

Hi.
No problem in catching NASA channels here in Chihuahua with a 6 ft dish. Also catch NBC, and sometimes Telemundo. All in AMC18 (105W)

I finally had time and good weather to try this out. I'm getting a solid 72Q on my MicroHD. The 720p HD picture is very high quality. This is the first time I've had NASA TV since it was a "freebie" on 119W circular (Dish signal in the clear.) That was a long time ago.

Reactions: FTA4PA
I get it almost full Q on the 10'. With a low FEC it should be quite forgiving.
There is a launch tomorrow, hope you get set up in time!
:)

NASA TV--AMC 18-105.0°W
1 ft = 0,3048 metr
6 ft = 1,8 m
100 cm = 1 metr
4cd3da903f061d318ad65610a8515da0.png

Thanks for all the replies folks. It turns out that my LNBF was on the blink and finally died completely last night. I'll be picking up a Titanium C2WPLL as soon as Brian gets more stock. Then I'll try for NASA TV again.
Good choice. NASA comes in fine with my 10' Unimesh in California with my new Titanium C2WPLL.

What brand / model of LNBF was it that failed you? (Just so we know what we might want to avoid buying).

Congrats TRG!

Footprint charts are a great resource for understanding the projected coverage for a satellite based on the msnfacturer's designs. The problem with relying on these footprint charts to recommend reflector size is that they are solely based on a computer model based on a full transponder operated at maximum power and a generous FEC. The calculation does not consider that most transponders are not operated at full saturation and that a reflector must be a minimum size to attenuate unwanted signals from adjacent satellites.

While it is possible that without interference the NASA MUX could be received with a 1 meter reflector, in reality this small reflector would not provide reliable reception. A 1.8m (6 ft) dish would be marginal for receiving the NASA MUX and an 2.4m dish would be the minimum size to be 2 degree for attenuating adjacent satellite interference.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)