NASCAR 2010 Season

Like Ice and you said. Gordon won 13-14 races and ended up with the championships. If JJ done the same thing nothing would be said. But JJ didn't have a great year. The same with Kyle Busch. I'm not a fan of his at all. But if he had won the championship those years, he would have deserved it.

If any of the drivers won the championship like JJ did this year, I would be griping about that.

But you guys are making it sound like it's RIGGED for Johnson and it's NOT, it's rigged, yes, but the top 12 can all take advantage of it.

I don't like it either and I think they may be tweaking it again this year ....

Also hate a sport that changes the rules as the season goes along, then again the NFL is doing that this year as we speak.

You don't have anything to worry about, your Twin's Always play well down the stretch.

The other leagues you mention have the seats sold ahead of time, but I beat that when the games are meaningless, many DON'T show. NFL particular.

The MLB one was just a crazy similarity to how absurd the chase can be

But you guys are making it sound like it's RIGGED for Johnson and it's NOT, it's rigged, yes, but the top 12 can all take advantage of it.

its rigged. Again all you have to do is do good for 10 races to win it. Thats it. You could be in 12th place after race 26 yet 10 minutes after the race you're now in say 4th because you won a couple races during the 1st 26...but also had 5 DNF's. Yet someone who was consistent the whole year didnt win because the last 10 he had a DNF

here is how they would have ended the old way

1) #29-Kevin Harvick, 5274
2) #48-Jimmie Johnson, 4989, -285
3) #11-Denny Hamlin, 4865, -409
4) #99-Carl Edwards, 4820, -454
5) #24-Jeff Gordon, 4669, -605
6) #18-Kyle Busch, 4647, -627
7) #17-Matt Kenseth, 4640, -634
8) #14-Tony Stewart, 4628, -646
9) #2-Kurt Busch, 4459, -815
10) #31-Jeff Burton, 4423, -851
11) #16-Greg Biffle, 4414, -860
12) #33-Clint Bowyer, 4376, -898
13) #5-Mark Martin, 4364, -910
14) #1-Jamie McMurray, 4325, -949

its rigged. Again all you have to do is do good for 10 races to win it. Thats it. You could be in 12th place after race 26 yet 10 minutes after the race you're now in say 4th because you won a couple races during the 1st 26...but also had 5 DNF's. Yet someone who was consistent the whole year didnt win because the last 10 he had a DNF

Actually you have to be good enough to be in the top 12 , just to GET there.

yea you go ahead and believe that.
Whoo hoo, what happens when jj gets 7 or better cup trophies? Do all the 3 clones start hollerin foul?

here is how they would have ended the old way

1) #29-Kevin Harvick, 5274
2) #48-Jimmie Johnson, 4989, -285
3) #11-Denny Hamlin, 4865, -409
4) #99-Carl Edwards, 4820, -454
5) #24-Jeff Gordon, 4669, -605
6) #18-Kyle Busch, 4647, -627
7) #17-Matt Kenseth, 4640, -634
8) #14-Tony Stewart, 4628, -646
9) #2-Kurt Busch, 4459, -815
10) #31-Jeff Burton, 4423, -851
11) #16-Greg Biffle, 4414, -860
12) #33-Clint Bowyer, 4376, -898
13) #5-Mark Martin, 4364, -910
14) #1-Jamie McMurray, 4325, -949

Thats the Iceburg point system folks, if you dont like the way things are, just go back to the old way of knowing whos gonna be the champ in july.

NASCAR just ain’t what it used to be. Everything about the sport sucks now. I started following the sport at the age of 4 when I watched the green flag drop on the 1989 Daytona 500. My uncle was a career mechanic (retired now) and loved cars (he just got done rebuilding his ’69 Mercury Commit) since he was a kid and grew up with NASCAR in the 50s and 60s. While I don’t know a dipstick from a socket wrench, I loved NASCAR and from 1989 to ~2000 only missed watching 10 races if that. Sunday was race day, the whole world stopped. I could name every car, driver, sponsor, owner, crew chief of every Winston Cup team and most of the Busch teams as well. I attended every race at Watkins Glenn from 1990-1999 and have thousands and thousands of dollars’ worth of die cast collectables and other memorabilia.

While I wasn’t a big Dale Earnhardt fan, I respected the guy and what he did. After he got killed it just wasn’t the same. I tried to get into NASCAR a few times over the past couple years. Even attended three races this year both Dover Races and the Spring Pocono Race, and I couldn’t get into it. Nowhere near as exciting as it used to be. After the first 15-20 laps of each race I predicted the winner and was right.

God I miss the old days! Davey Allison would have been a Champion for sure and Alan Kulwicki and his ‘Underbird’ had more Championships in them as well. A few years ago I found a cool little tribute online to some of the drivers we lost way to early. Almost cried when I read this at the bottom of the site. Any true NASCAR fan should also check out ‘Ride of Their Lives’ a very nice documentary on Showtime.

A short time ago, a diehard NASCAR Fan dies and goes to heaven. When he takes his place at the Pearly Gates, St. Peter recognizes his NASCAR racing jacket, Winston Cup Series hat, and his Busch Grand National belt buckle and asks if he'd like to see Heaven's Speedway. He agrees and in a flash the fan is taken to an area where he can actually see the activities within touching distance. He stands in awe as several race cars fly by him at incredible speed, so fast, that he can pick out only a few. He sees Joe Weatherly and Fireball Roberts running nose to tail. Tim Richmond, J.D. McDuffie and Alan Kulwicki running three wide. Behind them is Davey Allison tradin' paint with his brother Clifford with Neil Bonnett closing fast. Adam Petty , Kenny Irwin and Lee Petty running door handle to door handle. The last car he sees is blurry, but the familiar black car with the streamlined white #3 tells him that The Intimidator, Dale Earnhardt is in the field too. You see, Heaven has some of the greatest drivers in the history of the sport, and it is only then that that diehard NASCAR fan realizes that:

GOD is a race fan, and HE has lined up one HELL of a race!”

http://web.archive.org/web/20050907152942/http://home.ptd.net/~gibson/driver.html

Heaven 500

Is this what your talking about ?

HEAVEN 500

THE HEAVEN 500 WAS JUST GETTING STARTED,
AN ALL STAR RACE FOR THE RACING DEPARTED.
HEROES OF THE TRACK, WITH NERVES LIKE STEEL,
AND SITTING ON THE POLE WAS A CAT NAMED NEIL

ADAM PETTY WAS THERE WITH HIS BEAUTIFUL SMILE;
KENNY IRWIN, DETERMINED, TO FINISH IN STYLE;
LEE PETTY WAS GLOWING WITH THAT GRANDFATHER PRIDE,
AND DAVEY AND CLIFFORD, BOTH IN A NEW RIDE.
FIREBALL ROBERTS FLOATED IN ON A CLOUD,
WHILE TONY ROPER WAVED TO THE HEAVENLY CROWD.
MOROSSO AND NEMECHEK, THEN TIM RICHMOND APPEARED,
ALAN KULWICKI STRAPPED IN WHILE THE RACING FANS CHEERED.

THE HONORARY STARTER FOR THIS HEAVENLY RACE,
RALPH EARNHARDT WAS CHOSEN WITH A TEAR ON HIS FACE,
BUT THE RED FLAG FLEW JUST BEFORE IT BEGUN,
EVERY EYE OPENED WIDE AND LOOKED TO THE SON,
A LAST MINUTE ENTRY WAS THE CAUSE OF DELAY,
THE FANS WERE INSTRUCTED TO KNEEL DOWN AND PRAY,
THE HEAVENS TURNED BLACK AND THE CLOUDS GREW DARK,
THE LIGHTENING WAS BRILLIANT AND THE THUNDER DID BARK.

THEN OUT OF THE RUMBLE, FOR ALL THERE TO SEE,
THE CLOUDS FORMED A NUMBER, A BLACK NUMBER 3,
THE HEAVENLY FANS THEN ERUPTED WITH PRIDE
AND WELCOMED THIS STAR WHO HAD RECENTLY DIED.
WITH A BOLT OF LIGHTENING, DALE EARNHARDT ARRIVED,
AND AS HE STOOD BEFORE JESUS, HIS SPIRIT REVIVED.
JESUS HUGGED HIS PRECIOUS CHILD, THEN HIS REVEALED PERFECT PLAN,

"I BROUGHT YOU HOME TO TELL YOU THAT I'M YOUR BIGGEST FAN"

THE INTIMIDATOR IS NEEDED FOR THIS HEAVENLY RACE,
LEAVING YOUR EARTHLY FANS WITH HONOR AND GRACE.
RALPH EARNHARDT STEPPED FORWARD, EMBRACING HIS SON,
THEN WHISPERED TO DALE, "LET'S GO HAVE SOME FUN"
AS RALPH STOOD PROUD, THE GREEN FLAG FLEW,
THE CROWD WENT WILD AND THE TENSION GREW.

AND JUST LIKE SALVATION, THE ADMISSION WAS FREE,
AS EVERY EYE FOCUSED ON THE BLACK NUMBER 3.

THE CHECKERED FLAG DROPPED, NO DRY EYES REMAINED,
IT WAS A PHOTO FINISH, AS JESUS EXPLAINED,
"THERE ARE NO LOSERS ON THIS HEAVENLY TRACK,
THIS WAS A WELCOME HOME PARTY FOR THE "MAN IN BLACK".

Actually I never seen that before, but that is pretty cool!

What I quoted above is what some NASCAR fan wrote on his now defunct webpage, but it can still be viewed using the Web Archives using the link.

Really? With nascar losing ratings and ticket sales do you really think its a wise choice to rig the chase?

and why are they losing ratings and tickets? Easy...THE CHASE IS RIGGED! Has been for the last couple years

Gee I wonder how many more fans arent going to watch the races or go to them because they are disgusted with it.

and why are they losing ratings and tickets? Easy...THE CHASE IS RIGGED! Has been for the last couple years

Gee I wonder how many more fans arent going to watch the races or go to them because they are disgusted with it.

I don't think it has much to do with your statement of it being rigged...
Attendance is down for a number of reasons, Economy for one.
People DO get bored from time to time.

The seemingly changing schedule is another part of it... if they went back to the way it was back in the day, that would be great.
Now they have 2 people that want to OWN all the tracks and they HAVE to have thier way....

So instead of having the typical 2 races at each (most) tracks, they add garbage dates, move others, add another Calif. and Vegas while taking away others ....

No more Southern 500, many notorious two race a year tracks are gone.
Darlington down to ONE.
Only one race in Atlanta ? are you kidding me ....

Thats right, keep adding ... Next you know well have 3 races in Phoenix ...

Give us Chicago and Kansas, man, just CAN'T do without them....

Also, while I'm at it, who in the world sets the places they go to and when ?

Thats right, lets start at Daytona, the birthplace (thats Great ) then lets go to the WEST coast, that makes alot of sense, recently they have added Phoenix witch makes it a little better....
Just get started to get in the flow of things and they get to California and then to Vegas, oh, wait a minute, we NEED to take a break after a few weeks to catch our breath ... ya right, they just want to play in Vegas for an extra week.
Then it's usually from Vegas to somewhere like Pocano, great idea, all the way across the country AGAIN.

Next up they will get the OK for a track in NYC and then Hawaii and thats the route they will take to do it too.

A few years ago they decided to start a race at ANYtime under the sun, I will give them credit for going back to one of two time slots for the Sunday races.

:rant: RANT Over :rant:
I think.... :rolleyes:

So instead of having the typical 2 races at each (most) tracks, they add garbage dates, move others, add another Calif. and Vegas while taking away others ....
Cali lost a race so they only get one now
No more Southern 500, many notorious two race a year tracks are gone.
Darlington down to ONE.
Darlington kept the Southern 500 name but its just not labor day weekend

Only one race in Atlanta ? are you kidding me ....
agree..stupid
But yeah Kentucky gets a race... :rolleyes: I guess all that whining and lawsuits got them a race

Also, while I'm at it, who in the world sets the places they go to and when ?

Thats right, lets start at Daytona, the birthplace (thats Great ) then lets go to the WEST coast, that makes alot of sense, recently they have added Phoenix witch makes it a little better....
Just get started to get in the flow of things and they get to California and then to Vegas, oh, wait a minute, we NEED to take a break after a few weeks to catch our breath ... ya right, they just want to play in Vegas for an extra week.
[
yeah seeing next year is just retarded
Daytona
Phoenix
Vegas
week off
Bristol
Cali
Martinsville

so back to back to back cross country trips

A few years ago they decided to start a race at ANYtime under the sun, I will give them credit for going back to one of two time slots for the Sunday races.

agreed there.

They used to take a week off right after Daytona.

I thought when "The Rock" was still on the schedule they went Daytona, Rockingham then a week off before Vegas. I dont remember them taking a week off after Daytona

Maybe you are right. Don't remember for sure.

I thought when "The Rock" was still on the schedule they went Daytona, Rockingham then a week off before Vegas. I dont remember them taking a week off after Daytona

That changes all the time.
Daytona
Richmond
Rockingham
OFF
Atlanta
OFF
Darlington

Daytona
Rockingham
Richmond
Atlanta
OFF
Darlington

Daytona
OFF
Rockingham
Vegas
Atlanta

2004 the last year for the rock
Daytona
Rockingham
OFF
Vegas
Atlanta

In 2000 they went 9 races before they had a week off
Daytona
Rockingham
Vegas
Atlanta....

The changes most likely accounting for those early and late Easter Sundays esp in 2000..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts