NASCAR 2010 Season

well NASCAR its been fun but ya lost another fan.

I said at the beginning of the chase if he won I was never watching NASCAR again...when Nascar f**ked Harvick by claiming a speeding violation I knew it was over. When he crossed the line for it to be over I hit stop on the DVR, deleted it and turned on the CFL playoff game on Altitude :)

I'm done.....I use to say there were 2 sports that werent rigged and thats NASCAR and wrestling...well after today there is only one sport that isnt rigged now and that's wrestling

Last edited:
Cool,
Should we delete the NASCAR thread next year ?

I haven't followed it very much this year, I usually lose interest once the Footballs start flying.

I'll be pumped again when Speedweeks come around again.

Hopefully Stewart can start a bit better than usual and not fall into a deep hole so he can be a REAL part of the chase.

Well it was a race of who made the least mistakes. I didn't see it, but how did Kevin get caught speeding onto pit road if there where cars in front of him? If that is true. And Denny Hamlin missing entering pit road? Hard to believe. Ice could be right. And one other thing. Carl won the race and JJ should have got out of his way instead of doing burn outs in front of him. Carl had to wait to to his back flip. JJ should have just stayed out of the way until it was his turn.

I don't think it should be deleted. Just because some folks aren't going to watch NASACR anymore doesn't mean the they won't visit the thread again.

true. I'll still watch the truck races because those are pretty fun to watch. But the Winston/Nextel/Sprint/Rigged Cup I'm done. My dad said it too and he's been a nascar fan for years

I didn't see it, but how did Kevin get caught speeding onto pit road if there where cars in front of him?
exactly. He followed the 56 (Truex) in and stayed the same distance behind Truex the whole time until they went into the pit.

And Denny Hamlin missing entering pit road? Hard to believe.
the crew chief was mainly to blame. He said "stay out stay out stay out stay out no come in" right at the last second.
And one other thing. Carl won the race and JJ should have got out of his way instead of doing burn outs in front of him. Carl had to wait to to his back flip. JJ should have just stayed out of the way until it was his turn.
didnt see that as I had already turned it but if thats true then JJ is just a poor winner.

exactly. He followed the 56 (Truex) in and stayed the same distance behind Truex the whole time until they went into the pit.

the crew chief was mainly to blame. He said "stay out stay out stay out stay out no come in" right at the last second.

didnt see that as I had already turned it but if thats true then JJ is just a poor winner.

Johnson talked about that today, mentioning that he was trying to do doughnuts around Carls car to include him in the celebration, then realized his efforts to work around the car was not working and went off on his own way.

true. I'll still watch the truck races because those are pretty fun to watch. But the Winston/Nextel/Sprint/Rigged Cup I'm done. My dad said it too and he's been a nascar fan for years

All because JJ won ?

Where were you guys when Gordon was on his tear winning 13-14 races a year and several championships in a 2-3 year stretch ?
Did you feel the same way then ?

All because JJ won ?
yep. Nascar is wondering why folks arent buying tickets or even watching it on TV....well when he keeps winning a rigged system thats why

Where were you guys when Gordon was on his tear winning 13-14 races a year and several championships in a 2-3 year stretch ?
nah we still wanted Earnhardt (my dad is a huge Dale Sr fan) or Rusty (I thought Rusty ruled) to take him out but Gordon won his championships using the old system where to win you had to be consistent the whole year. Not "just have enough points to be top 12" then use the last 10 races to win it.
I've said it for a couple years now...Nascar needs to change the chase. Hell go back to the old system. It works in the Nationwide and the Truck series. Yeah maybe the last week may not the most exciting on the old system because someone has it sewed up already. But to think of other sports.
Do folks not go the ballgame once a team wins the division? I know the Twins won the division with what a week or so to go and they sold out the last games.
Does the NFL still sell out almost all the games at the end even though most of the games would be "meaningless" as the playoffs are already set?
NBA & NHL are kinda exempt from this as too many teams make the playoffs.

Again....Nascar (well Sprint Cup) is the only sport to change the rules during the season. It would be like with a month to go in the baseball season the top 3 in each division "resets" their win/loss to be almost exact (and so high that the other teams cant pass them) and then MLB say "ok guys....the last month however the standings end up that is who goes to the playoffs. Hey Twins....if Detroit wins more than you in September they win the division even though they are right now 12 games behind you"

All because JJ won ?

Like Ice and you said. Gordon won 13-14 races and ended up with the championships. If JJ done the same thing nothing would be said. But JJ didn't have a great year. The same with Kyle Busch. I'm not a fan of his at all. But if he had won the championship those years, he would have deserved it.

If any of the drivers won the championship like JJ did this year, I would be griping about that.

yep. Nascar is wondering why folks arent buying tickets or even watching it on TV....well when he keeps winning a rigged system thats why

nah we still wanted Earnhardt (my dad is a huge Dale Sr fan) or Rusty (I thought Rusty ruled) to take him out but Gordon won his championships using the old system where to win you had to be consistent the whole year. Not "just have enough points to be top 12" then use the last 10 races to win it.
I've said it for a couple years now...Nascar needs to change the chase. Hell go back to the old system. It works in the Nationwide and the Truck series. Yeah maybe the last week may not the most exciting on the old system because someone has it sewed up already. But to think of other sports.
Do folks not go the ballgame once a team wins the division? I know the Twins won the division with what a week or so to go and they sold out the last games.
Does the NFL still sell out almost all the games at the end even though most of the games would be "meaningless" as the playoffs are already set?
NBA & NHL are kinda exempt from this as too many teams make the playoffs.

Again....Nascar (well Sprint Cup) is the only sport to change the rules during the season. It would be like with a month to go in the baseball season the top 3 in each division "resets" their win/loss to be almost exact (and so high that the other teams cant pass them) and then MLB say "ok guys....the last month however the standings end up that is who goes to the playoffs. Hey Twins....if Detroit wins more than you in September they win the division even though they are right now 12 games behind you"

You don't have anything to worry about, your Twin's Always play well down the stretch.

The other leagues you mention have the seats sold ahead of time, but I beat that when the games are meaningless, many DON'T show. NFL particular.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)