NASCAR 2011

Ramy

The Star Wars Collector Podcast
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 27, 2004
Here
Anyone playing this game? It is much better than anything EA put out.

Online is broken right now and they are fixing it, but the single player is great.

Ramy said:

Online is broken right now and they are fixing it, but the single player is great.

I'm thinking about it

Sent from my SGH-T959 using SatelliteGuys

The new company is making great strides to fix what is broken with special forums dedicated to bugs and the fixes they are doing. EA would have never done this.

They have many bugs in the game for sure but the game is not what was advertised. I can't believe someone can't make a good NASCAR game. This is not a good game at all. The last good one for the console was NASCAR Dirt to Daytona. The last good one for the PC was NASCAR 2003 made by Payprus.

As for this game I have to wonder who tested it. If you happen to go into the pits even if it's by accident like crashing they black flag you for speeding in the pits. And caution flags? Half of the time they never fly even during a bad crash.

The people who made the game don't seem to know much about basic NASCAR rules. I thought the EA Nascar games stunk, this one is far worse then that. Try playing online. And once again they won't let you drive into the pits with no help from the AI. I hate that. Pitting is a big part of NASCAR. All they do is let you pick what you want to do . Gas tires etc. You also can't fix any damage and when you crash it doesn't appear to effect the car. I crashed hard and they give you the option of a pit stop. I didn't pit and the next thing I knew I was back in the race with a great race car again.

The game is one of the worst NASCAR games ever put out.

Last edited:
I’m thinking of picking it up. I haven’t played a NASCAR game since the early 2000s. I’ve only played them on PC (still have my old steering wheel and petals in the spare bedroom somewhere) and they were from Payprus. The first NASCAR game I had required 8MB of RAM, my PC only had 4MB and the game would keep crashing, so I had to upgrade. :) Can you now race at all the tracks now? I know with the PC games certain tracks were not in the game, the last version of the game I had, had all the tracks except for Daytona and Indy.

I was thinking about getting it. I played the 2008 version, and it was fun. However, I got frustrated playing it with the standard PS3 controller. I could never get great times. I now have a wheel and I'm almost done with GT5, so I probably will pick this up.

I remember those days, playing Papyrus's Nascar Racing on my PC. Had a Thrustmaster steering wheel and pedals. Haven't tried this latest one yet, but all other console Nascar games were horrible, IMO.

I remember those days, playing Papyrus's Nascar Racing on my PC. Had a Thrustmaster steering wheel and pedals. Haven't tried this latest one yet, but all other console Nascar games were horrible, IMO.
Yes. The Payprus game is incredible. It had everything. An updated version is on the internet. NASCAR 2003 was really good. You drove the car into the pits for a pit stop. Many of the NASCAR drivers still use it to play even today.

As for NASCAR The Game I ran out of gas on the last lap and still finished first but they had me as 43rd. Another bug

Yeah I got it for the X-box the day after it came out and man it's great.. :)

They have many bugs in the game for sure but the game is not what was advertised. I can't believe someone can't make a good NASCAR game. This is not a good game at all. The last good one for the console was NASCAR Dirt to Daytona. The last good one for the PC was NASCAR 2003 made by Payprus.

As for this game I have to wonder who tested it. If you happen to go into the pits even if it's by accident like crashing they black flag you for speeding in the pits. And caution flags? Half of the time they never fly even during a bad crash.

The people who made the game don't seem to know much about basic NASCAR rules. I thought the EA Nascar games stunk, this one is far worse then that. Try playing online. And once again they won't let you drive into the pits with no help from the AI. I hate that. Pitting is a big part of NASCAR. All they do is let you pick what you want to do . Gas tires etc. You also can't fix any damage and when you crash it doesn't appear to effect the car. I crashed hard and they give you the option of a pit stop. I didn't pit and the next thing I knew I was back in the race with a great race car again.

The game is one of the worst NASCAR games ever put out.

Totally agree. Accidents are so unrealistic. You can go airborne and flip and come back up with not so much as a flat tire. Just a little sheet metal damage and maybe a missing hood. Also there can be a ten car pileup but once you come back from a caution all 10 of those car are still on the lead lap. What the hell is up with that? I also hate the way they do cautions. In the old PC games you actually ran caution laps, I know it isn't that exciting but doing that involves more strategy. Also qualifying is way too easy. I’ve raced at about 10 different tracks so far, and sat on the pole at each race. And no, it's not because I'm good since most of the time I wind up going up too high and hitting the wall.

And what the hell is up with the cars? Bill Elliot in the #21, Trevor Bayne in the #16a? Really sucks the still don’t put alcohol sponsors on the cars, but I guess boner pills are alright as I see the Extenze car is there. This game really wasn’t worth $60, but it will keep me occupied for a while. The only really cool thing is the drafting. I have to give props to them for that.

I have played that game 4 months ago. It’s a good game and very unique from other games. It’s graphics are pretty cool, but some improvements are must to make this game bug free.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)