NASCAR 2013 season

early entry list for California...43 drivers

so everyone gets in
Ahh yes Auto Snooze Club Speedway..400 miles of thumping buttons on the remote. 400 miles of sheer pencil in the eye boredom played out in front of 50% of capacity.
When will NASCAR realize the experiment is a failure and finally deliver the death knell to California and send Auto Club Speedway to the same heap on which Ontario Speedway now lay in ruins.

Did anyone happen to notice all the empty seats at Bristol?I can remember a time when it was hard to get a ticket for spring or fall at Bristol.

Did anyone happen to notice all the empty seats at Bristol?I can remember a time when it was hard to get a ticket for spring or fall at Bristol.

It was hard not to notice. Even the campgrounds around BMS don't fill up like they used to. The spring race in 2010 was the 1st time in 55 races that wasn't a sellout & ever since has not had a sold out cup race.

There are lots of opinions as to why. I only hope they don't start doing blackouts on TV to gain more attendance at the track. It would seriously make many fans non-fans.

It's a number of factors.The direction Nascar has taken to be in the mainstream,no compelling rivalries,the economy,etc etc.Somehow Nascar has to figure out a way to bring back the excitement.

Ahh yes Auto Snooze Club Speedway..400 miles of thumping buttons on the remote. 400 miles of sheer pencil in the eye boredom played out in front of 50% of capacity.
When will NASCAR realize the experiment is a failure and finally deliver the death knell to California and send Auto Club Speedway to the same heap on which Ontario Speedway now lay in ruins.

I'd rather watch that race than the "other" one in California...you know that stupid road race

It's a number of factors.The direction Nascar has taken to be in the mainstream,no compelling rivalries,the economy,etc etc.Somehow Nascar has to figure out a way to bring back the excitement.

wasnt the weather also a factor (I thought they said it was gonna rain)

wasnt the weather also a factor (I thought they said it was gonna rain)

Maybe to an extent,it was only a 40% chance of scattered t/storms.As stardust pointed out,there hasn't been a sellout since 2010.Bristol used to be all the rage around here just a few years back.Now it's more like big deal.

Last edited:
Maybe to an extent,it was only a 40% chance of scattered t/storms.As stardust pointed out,there hasn't been a sellout since 2010.Bristol used to all rage around here just a few years back.Now it's more like big deal.

Yup I agree. I have been there many times when it was sold out. Sitting in the grandstands with your elbows tucked tight, knees almost touching the persons shoulders in front of you & ear plugs in for the deafening noise...:eek: I don't smoke, however a good cigar is in order every now & then, you can't even do that in there anymore, unless you're under the bleachers. With that said it is fun for a time or 2 when there is good racing action, but there isn't anyplace like your own house for creature comforts & the skip forward/pause button. :)

That explains another reason Nascar isn't selling out places like Bristol.They wanted to get away from the good old boy,redneck,image.They have in effect,shunned the very people that started Nascar.

The night race used to be one of the toughest tickets in sports. No longer. They messed with the track and people got pissed off because the event lacked action race fans came to expect.
I am also considering the car is not solely to blame. I think the drivers are partly to blame. There is too much in the way pf points racing. This problem could easily be solved. 5 bonus points to the winner( instead of one) 4 to second 3 to third 2 to fourth and one to the 5th place finisher.
Something has got to be done to prevent drivers from 'saving their equipment' for 80% of the event until they decide it's time to race.
Either that or shorten the damned things.

Week 14- NFL Picks

Football As Football

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)