NASCAR 2013 season

Still not a fan of the gen 6 cars.Way too many right tire blowouts.Very dangerous for all drivers.Was glad to see an actual pass or 2,albeit taking a shortcut on the apron.Nascar has a lot of work to do on these cars imo.
Not entirely convinced the car is the cause.
Many drivers said the tire Goodyear sent was the issue.
Remember, NASCAR set new camber rules for this season. The camber must be more upright or closer to perpendicular, if you will.
Also, part of the issue is more braking was required which transferred more heat to the tire bead. That caused many of the tire loss problems.

Not entirely convinced the car is the cause.
Many drivers said the tire Goodyear sent was the issue.
Remember, NASCAR set new camber rules for this season. The camber must be more upright or closer to perpendicular, if you will.
Also, part of the issue is more braking was required which transferred more heat to the tire bead. That caused many of the tire loss problems.

I expect NASCAR to make tweaks to the new Camber rules if this continues ... I feel its directly related.

I expect NASCAR to make tweaks to the new Camber rules if this continues ... I feel its directly related.

That's my feeling as well.Goodyear can only make rubber so good,with the adjustments to the camber,and these new cars,it obviously puts more pressure on the right front tire.

You tell em Denny!Think most fans would agree.Nascar needs to pay close attention because,the fans make Nascar.

Hamlin: 'I'm not going to pay the fine'
Hamlin was fined $25,000 on Thursday for saying the Gen 6 cars did not race as well as the Gen 5 cars.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...-hamlin-nascar-fine-sprint-cup-gen-6/1971239/

You've got to be kidding ... :rolleyes:

I don't blame him.

This will end up being one of those SECRET fines they have talked about recently.

They will fine him and he'll pay it and when NASCAR finally realizes how stupid it was, they will SECRETLY pay him back ...

This kind of dictatorial crap NASCAR pulls, is why the sport is marginalized and is not accepted as a national spectator sport.
I think it was Tony Stewart some time ago referred to NASCAR brass as the "redneck mafia"
He's right

That and the way they change the rules as the season goes on.

so here is the rain out procedure

1) For the first three races of the current season the top 36 teams in the previous season owner points would make the race [team doesn't have to had run all the races in that season]. After the first three races of the current season, the top 36 teams in the current season owners points, would make the race.
2) Then any winning driver or team owner from 2012 or 2013, as well as any past champions, make the field.
3) Then, for the first three races of the current season, any of the top 36 teams in owner points for this year would make the field.
4) Then it goes to qualifying attempts this year, with ties broken by owner points.

so its Danica, Stremme and McDowell (10,30,98) based on point 3
Speed, Cassill, Front Row Joe and Wise as the last 4 (95,33,87,35) based on owner points (all have attempted both races)
Mike Bliss is odd man out due to lowest owners points

so here is the rain out procedure

1) For the first three races of the current season the top 36 teams in the previous season owner points would make the race [team doesn't have to had run all the races in that season]. After the first three races of the current season, the top 36 teams in the current season owners points, would make the race.
2) Then any winning driver or team owner from 2012 or 2013, as well as any past champions, make the field.
3) Then, for the first three races of the current season, any of the top 36 teams in owner points for this year would make the field.
4) Then it goes to qualifying attempts this year, with ties broken by owner points.

so its Danica, Stremme and McDowell (10,30,98) based on point 3
Speed, Cassill, Front Row Joe and Wise as the last 4 (95,33,87,35) based on owner points (all have attempted both races)
Mike Bliss is odd man out due to lowest owners points
For Christ's sake two weeks ago the PGA Golf Tournament was delayed by a snow storm in of all places, TUCSON,AZ..NOw we have weather in LAs Vegas one ususally equates to the climate in Seattle.
And it's ass cold...Mc Carran had a temp of 45* at 2pm PST...The normal high is in the low 70's...

For Christ's sake two weeks ago the PGA Golf Tournament was delayed by a snow storm in of all places, TUCSON,AZ..NOw we have weather in LAs Vegas one ususally equates to the climate in Seattle.
And it's ass cold...Mc Carran had a temp of 45* at 2pm PST...The normal high is in the low 70's...

Meanwhile here in the east,we have flowers coming up and snow on the ground.So far March has been colder and snowier than January.We may have to have snow ball contests instead of Easter egg hunts this year.:eek:

Meanwhile here in the east,we have flowers coming up and snow on the ground.So far March has been colder and snowier than January.We may have to have snow ball contests instead of Easter egg hunts this year.:eek:

We have not had a day where the temp has reached the normal high for 16 straight days. We had snow here in the central piedmont of MC on 2/16 and again last Sat. It didn't last long as the ground is still a bit warm for snow.
Last year at this time the Pear trees were blooming and the daphodills had already bloomed. Mine have not even emerged from the ground yet.
Hopefully the summer will be cooler than normal. I HATE summer.

We have not had a day where the temp has reached the normal high for 16 straight days. We had snow here in the central piedmont of MC on 2/16 and again last Sat. It didn't last long as the ground is still a bit warm for snow.
Last year at this time the Pear trees were blooming and the daphodills had already bloomed. Mine have not even emerged from the ground yet.
Hopefully the summer will be cooler than normal. I HATE summer.

Where exactly is Suburbia ? :D

Last year, my Cleveland pear tree was also budding ... not so this year, but wouldn't doubt it to happen soon.

Week 14- NFL Picks

Football As Football

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts