NASCAR 2013 season

Man Patrick was flying!She has a great team,with the best equipment,if she can stay out front who knows,she might pull one out.

Was Daytona today?

Nope qualifying for the twin 125's this Thursday.The 500 is next Sunday.

The first 30 mins may very well get the largest TV ratings in several years.
Pre race programming will get a boost as well.
Of course I don't turn the thing on until they start the parade laps.

The only way I can watch is by dvr anymore.If I had to sit through an entire race plus the commercials I would literally go nutz!;)

Thanks Teehar, looks like next Sunday I have an all day date in front of the tube. :)

Nope qualifying for the twin 125's this Thursday.The 500 is next Sunday.

The only way I can watch is by dvr anymore.If I had to sit through an entire race plus the commercials I would literally go nutz!;)
Depends on what else is on. With plate races the first 130 laps are usually free of drama. Drivers just riding around.

Thanks Teehar, looks like next Sunday I have an all day date in front of the tube. :)

Should I bring the salsa and chips?:D Next Sunday weather wise will probably be a much nicer day,today would have been a perfect day to park in front of the tube,22F and windy brrrr.Probably be 60f next Sunday.

Should I bring the salsa and chips?:D Next Sunday weather wise will probably be a much nicer day,today would have been a perfect day to park in front of the tube,22F and windy brrrr.Probably be 60f next Sunday.

Did an install in the Piney Flats area on Friday. They had a full home theater in the basement that seats 9 people. Plush reclining chairs, sloped floor, acoustic ceiling, etc, etc,....maybe we could talk them into throwing a satellite guys Daytona party. :D

Yes today was cold, so was yesterday. At least I didn't have work today other than jumping through the wife's hoops. :eek:

Some of the comments about Danica made me laugh. Dale Jr . and Tony Stewart both congratulated her and then pointed out that when you qualify it's 95 percent car . I would love her to win the race on Sunday because it would prove she will have a good run this year but, I don't believe it will happen.

Some of the comments about Danica made me laugh. Dale Jr . and Tony Stewart both congratulated her and then pointed out that when you qualify it's 95 percent car . I would love her to win the race on Sunday because it would prove she will have a good run this year but, I don't believe it will happen.

Not really, typically the Daytona winner does Not have a Great year.
Can't remember the last time the 500 winner won it all .... been awhile.

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

Not really, typically the Daytona winner does Not have a Great year.
Can't remember the last time the 500 winner won it all .... been awhile.

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

I thought Jimmie Johnston won the Championship the same year he won the Daytona 500.

Oh a programming FYI

For those folks who have a series timer set for NASCAR Racing....something is goofy for the 500
When the Unlimited showed up in the guide I set a series timer for Nascar on Fox. The Unlimited set the timer fine. The qualifying yesterday worked (timer automatically set). Phoenix in 2 weeks is set (timer showed up today). The 500 does not automatically set. I guess because it says "2013 Daytona 500" whereas the others say "Nascar Racing" as the title

I was disappointed in seeing Terry Labonte falling back so fast in the Unlimited race.

easier to read lineups for the Duels

green means they're in regardless
brown are past champions who could get in with the provisional (only 1 can...most recent past champions get 1st dibs)
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• duel 2.jpg
    duel 2.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 188
  • duel 1.jpg
    duel 1.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 185
this is what jayski says

GREEN = are locked in the Daytona 500 field, either by winning the pole, outside pole, four by speed, six by owners points/provisionals and one past champion provisional if needed

Here ya go...the rules

Daytona 500 Lineup
" The two fastest qualifiers set starting positions one and two.
" The highest 15 finishers in each Duel race  excluding the already locked-in front row  will earn a spot in the Daytona 500, and fill positions 3-32.
" Based on their finishing position in the first Duel race, the top 15 will line up on the inside row (odd-number starting positions).
" Based on their finishing position in the second Duel race, the top 15 will line up on the outside row (even-number starting positions).
" Positions 33-36 will go to the four fastest cars from qualifying that have not already earned a spot.
" Position 37-42 will be provisional positions, and go to the highest six cars in 2012 owner points that have not already qualified via the Duel or Coors Light Pole qualifying.
" The 43rd starting position will be assigned to any car owner who has the most recent eligible past NASCAR Sprint Cup champion who did not make the field by any other method, providing the driver had competed in the 2012 NASCAR Sprint Cup season. If the 43rd position remains unused it will be assigned to the next highest car in 2012 owner points not already locked into the field.

so using those rules and looking a little more here are the reasons for the GREEN ones

Danica and Gordon...front row
Bayne, Stewart, Newman, Kahne....fastest 4

Stenhouse (7th), Bowyer (2nd), Jimmy (3rd), Brad (1st), Biffle (5th) and Hamlin (6th) are for owners points...4th is Kahne who already made it on speed
Kurt Busch...most recent past champion who isnt already noted above