NASCAR 2013 season

as of ESPN's sign off (which was over 1/2 hour after the race was done) they really didn't have much if anyone was seriously hurt
Mike Helton came into the booth and said there were people being checked out and a couple went to Halifax medical center (god I cringe when I hear those words after Earnhardt died) for further checkups/tests but it sounds like it was just minor injuries

I give ESPN credit....they did stay a good 1/2 hour after they interviewed Smoke (who won) with updates on the crowd and showed the catch fence. Thank goodness they didnt run the wreck replay after replay like they usually do.

I would like to have been a fly on the wall at today's driver meeting..
IMO this problem could be resolved by banning the blocking. My take is if a car behind your car is faster, you have to let them go or race them. Using your car to impede the car from behind at 200 mph is a recipe for disaster.
Drivers must ask themselves which is more acceptable...Holding up another car or cars and risk tearing up a couple million dollars in equipment while putting other drivers and FANS at risk, or letting the guy go and finishing second.
I will tell all this, if the drivers don't police themselves in this issue, NASCAR will. And we will be left with a product that is unwatchable.

I would like to have been a fly on the wall at today's driver meeting..
IMO this problem could be resolved by banning the blocking. My take is if a car behind your car is faster, you have to let them go or race them. Using your car to impede the car from behind at 200 mph is a recipe for disaster.
Drivers must ask themselves which is more acceptable...Holding up another car or cars and risk tearing up a couple million dollars in equipment while putting other drivers and FANS at risk, or letting the guy go and finishing second.
I will tell all this, if the drivers don't police themselves in this issue, NASCAR will. And we will be left with a product that is unwatchable.

This was acceptable practice for years.... however, now that they have gone away from the COT, bumpers dont line up with one another, so this change should do away with some of the two car tandems as well as the Corner bump drafting.